The FBV 3 facilitates the hands-free operation of any compatible Line 6 amplifier or POD, giving you 13 footswitches and one expression pedal for this express purpose. The footswitches—which have been constructed from steel to ensure durability—offer different ways of controlling your apposite Line 6 device.
Two footswitches allow you to cycle through pre-programmed user banks with the tap of your toe, while four switches allow you to select among four channels within any selected bank; with these controls, you can easily change timbres for different parts of your song/arrangement. Furthermore, four user-assignable footswitches are also provided, which can be set to toggle various parameters of any effect called up by the FBV 3. A function and tap-tempo switch round out the panoply of footswitches, the former allowing you to enter Live Edit mode, the latter providing tap-tempo over delay and modulation effects. The tap button also triggers an onboard chromatic tuner and facilitates the exiting of menus in Live Edit mode.
In addition to the switches, the FBV 3 also includes an expression pedal for wah or volume control. A second 1/4" input can be paired with another expression pedal. This jack is specifically useful when used with the Line 6 EX-1, available separately. An LED screen displays a readout of your current preset and bank; it also serves as your interface whenever your tune your instrument. Multi-color LEDs on five of the footswitches coordinate with selected presets to help you keep track of all active timbres and effects.
The pedal draws both power and connection from connection to your POD/amp, doing so via the FBV 3's CAT-5 cable. Using the USB jack, you can control compatible software on any Mac or Windows computer, back up/store presets, and load sounds off your computer to boot. For a list of Line 6 devices which work with the FBV 3, please look to the Features section below.
- Offers hands-free control of compatible Line 6 Amps and PODs
- 13 footswitches
- Wah/volume pedal
- Expression pedal input when used with the Line 6 Firehawk 1500 Stage Amp
- Multi-color LEDs sync with assigned effect type
- Large, bright display indicates preset name and onboard tuner
- Controls MAC/PC MIDI apps over USB
- Spider V
- Firehawk 1500
- POD® HD Pro
- POD HD Pro X
- POD HD
- AMPLIFi 150
- AMPLIFi 75
- AMPLIFi TT
- Spider IV HD150*
- Spider IV 15, 30, 75, 120, 150*
- Spider Valve MkII*
- Spider III HD150, HD75
- Spider III 75, 120, 150
- Spider Jam
* When using the FBV 3 with the Spider IV and Spider Valve MKII series, the FBV 3 cannot be used as the interface to update or edit the amps with your computer. The FBV MKII pedals (Shortboard and Express) must be used for that functionality. Assignable color LEDs available for use with Firehawk 1500 & Spider V only. LEDs are red when FBV 3 is used with other Line 6 products.