Point the SM58 toward your source and away from unwanted sound; its cardioid polar pattern rejects much of what's behind it, significantly lowering the amount of stage bleed, monitor mix, or background noise that gets picked up by the mic.
Built into the SM58 is a pop filter, which helps control wind and breath noise without requiring an external pop screen. Of course, external windscreens are available should you choose to accessorize your SM58.
- Dynamic capsule needs no phantom power
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output jack for connection to a stage box, mic preamp, mixer, or audio interface
- Break-resistant microphone clip rotates 180 degrees to ensure easy positioning
In the studio, the SM57-LC is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the SM57-LC is a consistent choice of professional performers. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and application diversity make this workhorse the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers all over the world.
- B&H is proud to be partnering with Audio Test Kitchen, the world’s most comprehensive online audio product comparison platform, to improve the resources provided to our customers shopping for the right microphone for their given application.
- This provides you with the ability to listen to a growing selection of microphones with spoken word recordings captured in a standardized environment, with levels matched by the talented engineers at Audio Test Kitchen in its impressive reference studio.
- Audio Test Kitchen records microphones under identical conditions, so you can compare them—apples to apples. The source, signal chain, and level never change. The only differences you will hear are between the microphones.
- Professional workhorse for vocals and instruments in live sound reinforcement
- Legendarily reproduced, bright and clean sound
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Extremely durable design includes a pneumatic shockmount system that cuts down handling noise
The black Kopul Premium Performance 3000 Series XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable (20') is designed to be an extremely quiet and flexible cable that is ideal for the most demanding live sound and performance applications. The cable is engineered to be durable and provide protection against EMI, RFI, and static noise. While the cable's color-coding affords the ability to quickly differentiate between multiple connections on stage, it provides a pleasant aesthetic quality at the same time.
Premium Performance 3000 Series cables are made from 24-AWG OFC copper wire that's wrapped with PE insulation and a conductive PVC inner shield. A cotton-yarn inner layer helps reduce electrostatic and microphonic noise. The 95% dual-spiral shielding makes the cable resistant to EMI and RFI noise. The Neutrik XX silver connectors provide a high level of connectivity, and all the solder connections are shrink-wrapped for protection.
The SKB MC6 Waterproof Six Mic Case (Black) is designed to hold six microphones; three mics each stored horizontally in two separate layers of foam. It is a waterproof, injection-molded case made from ultra-high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin. The case is resistant to corrosion and impact damage and has a gasketed, waterproof and airtight, submersible design. The interior has custom-cut foam padding and is cut on a water jet machine. The lid has convoluted foam for a compression fit. It also has an automatic ambient pressure equalization valve, continuous molded-in hinge and a trigger release latch system. The case is carried by a rubber overmolded cushion grip handle.
- Holds 6 microphones; 3 mics each stored horizontally on 2 separate layers of foam
- Automatic ambient pressure equalization valve
- Continuous molded-in hinge
- Trigger release latch system
- Rubber overmolded cushion grip handle
- Injection-molded, waterproof, ultra-high-strength polypropylene copolymer resin
- Resistant to corrosion and impact damage
- Custom-cut foam padded interior is cut on a water jet machine
- Convoluted foam in the lid for a compression fit
- Gasketed, waterproof and airtight, submersible design
- Resistant to corrosion and impact damage (IP67 rated)
- MIL-STD-810F UV, solvent, corrosion, and fungus resistant
- MIL-STD-648C ambient pressure