The black NW-WM1A Walkman from Sony is a high-resolution digital music player featuring audiophile-quality playback with Bluetooth compatibility, a 4.0" capacitive touchscreen, 128GB of internal storage, and an aluminum alloy frame that's resistive to electrical noise and other interference for stable, high-quality sound.
The Walkman uses S-Master HX digital amplifier technology, which was developed to provide high-resolution playback utilizing a mastering-quality digital amplifier for a wide frequency response, while minimizing distortion and noise, as well as the DSEE HX, which is an upscaling technology that uses an algorithm that analyzes your music and replaces any lost information. Other enhancements include an upgraded audio pathway, oxygen-free cables, MELF resistors, and a high-polymer capacitor that works to regulate the power flow, optimizing it for instant clean power when needed.
The player supports music files up to 32-bit/384 kHz and is compatible with the following formats; MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, AAC, Apple Lossless, and DVD. Additional storage is available via the microSD card. The battery fully charges in 7 hours, while the playback time boasts up to 33 hours for MP3s and 30 hours for high resolution file formats. The Walkman ships with a USB cable and a wrist strap.
- Aluminum chassis with oxygen-free copper cabling
- Enjoy pure sound from high-quality parts. An aluminum alloy frame provides a highly rigid case that’s resistive to electrical noise and other interference for stable, high-quality sound. A low-resistance oxygen-free copper cable offers low distortion and superior channel separation
- 32-bit/384kHz PCM playback and Native DSD support (up to 11.2MHz)
- The NW-WM1A Walkman supports the very latest 384 kHz / 32-bit rate and DSD Native Playback2 to help retain all the authentic detail of the original recording
- Unbalanced and balanced connector for maximum sound quality and output
- Enjoy clear, precise, dynamic sound with balanced audio. With a 4.4mm balanced standard plug, noise picked up from the wire to the amplifier is reduced, resulting in superior sound, delivered with clarity
- Enjoy 128GB built-in memory, plus Micro SD
- The NW-WM1A packs in 128GB of built-in file memory, so that you never run out of music. Plus, never run out of space for your music library and store files in the highest quality with the Micro SD slot
- Make compressed audio sound brilliant by restoring lost audio fidelity with DSEE HX
- The DSEE HX builds on our proprietary DSEE technology, upscaling compressed audio files to a level that’s closer to high-resolution audio. By restoring the subtleties of the original recording that are lost during the compression process, DSEE HX delivers a rich, studio-quality audio experience for all your music
- Enjoy near Hi-Res quality wireless sound via Bluetooth with LDAC
- The Sony Bluetooth LDAC codec takes your music streaming to a new level1. With 3x that data transmitted, LDAC provides and enhanced wireless listening experience with near hi-res quality
- Up to 30 hours of hi-res music playback
- Keep the music playing as long as you are, with up to 30 hours of non-stop high-resolution audio playback.
- 4.0” touchscreen with simple, intuitive navigation and side key controls
- The fully responsive touchscreen and classic interface design have been tailored to meet the needs of the most passionate audiophiles
- Advanced S-Master HX digital amplifier with higher headphone output
- A groundbreaking, new full-digital S-Master HX digital amplifier helps bring out the best of your high-resolution audio with Native DSD format, balanced output and high-output power compatibility