Characterized by its distinctly minimalist design, the black TL Mirrorless Digital Camera from Leica blends both form and function for recording high-resolution stills and Full HD 1080p video. In terms of imaging, the TL sports an APS-C format 16.3MP CMOS sensor, which affords a sensitivity range of ISO 100-12500, as well as a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps for working with moving subjects. The sensor's design also enables a quick contrast-detection autofocus system, which can be used in conjunction with automatic face detection as well as touch AF for fine-tuned control.
Balancing the imaging capabilities is a refined camera body design built from a single block of aluminum alloy. This unibody incorporates just four physical controls for a seamless aesthetic, which relies on the large 3.7" 1.3m-dot touchscreen LCD for the bulk of menu navigation and operational control. The high-resolution screen affords a clear view for composing or reviewing imagery, and the MyCamera menu lets you customize the settings layout to suit your own shooting workflow. Built-in Wi-Fi furthers the intuitiveness in working with the TL, and works in conjunction with the TL-App, for iOS and Android devices, for remotely controlling the camera as well as wirelessly sharing imagery for posting online. In regard to saving photos and movies, an SD memory card slot is available alongside 32GB of internal memory to ensure you're always capable of shooting and saving images.
Autofocusing is done on-sensor due to a mirrorless design through a contrast-based method, which affords quick and precise focusing performance as well as the use of automatic face detection and touch AF control.
- Minimal, unibody design is built from a single, solid piece of aluminum alloy that has been assembled and polished by hand.
- The seamless aesthetic of the camera body is maintained through the inclusion of just four physical controls along with a large rear touchscreen LCD.
- The 3.7" LCD monitor has a high resolution of 1.3-million dots for clear and vivid playback and image composition, and the touchscreen interface affords intuitive menu navigation and settings control for easy operation.
- MyCamera menu lets you customize the display by long-touching and dragging specific camera settings into place to suit your own shooting needs.
- Internal 32GB of memory lets you shoot without an SD card if desired, however, an SD memory card slot is also featured for longer shooting sessions.
- Leica L lens mount is directly compatible with TL and SL-series lenses, including those with OIS, and Leica M- and R-mount lenses via optional lens mount adapters.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- Top hot shoe can be used in conjunction with an optional external flash or can also be used with the optional Visoflex external electronic viewfinder for eye-level monitoring.
- Included BP-DC13 lithium-ion battery offers approximately 400 shots per charge.