This 150 x 170mm PRO II Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density 0.9 Filter from Haida is compatible with a Haida 150 Filter Holder. It helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is particularly useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and this filter provides up to a 3-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
This PRO II graduated neutral density filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity and measures 2.0mm thick. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes eight layers of multi-coating. These coatings also offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. A padded case is also included with the filter.
- Compatible with a Haida 150 Filter Holder
- Darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provides up to a 3-stop reduction of light in selective areas
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground
- Filter does not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity and color fidelity
- Padded filter case included for storage and transport