Shoot warmer, more intimate interviews with the Face-2-Face Hybrid from Glide Gear. Alternatively, slide in your tablet or smartphone and you have yourself a complete teleprompter. The Face-2-Face is both an interview tool and a teleprompter in one.
The Face-2-Face features a periscope design that allows the interviewee to look directly into the camera lens while speaking. A mirror reflection of the interviewer appears on the beamsplitter glass, while the camera sits right behind the glass. So while your interviewee is speaking to a reflection of you, he or she will also be staring right at the camera. At the same time, you will also see a reflection of the interviewee. The outcome is a comfortable face-to-face conversation and resulting eye-contact between the interview subject and the audience. Normally, the interviewee speaks about 10° off-center from the lens, but the Face-2-Face ensures eye-level communication. No longer do you have to ask your subject to look into the camera.
The Face-2-Face comes with everything you need to use it. It has tripod mount holes and integrated 15mm rod ports on the bottom, and comes with a pair of rods and rod-mount camera riser. There's enough space for most cameras to fit, from DSLR-type models to larger ones like the C300. But the riser itself also offers tripod mount holes, so you can use it to attach larger cameras separately on a second tripod.
Also included is a tablet mount adapter for inserting tablets and phones and using the Face-2-Face as a prompter. The adapter supports mobile devices measuring between 3 and 9" wide when you hold them in portrait mode. Switching to teleprompter mode is simple — just place your device inside and the glass will reflect its screen. You can use any prompting software supported by your device. A carry case is also supplied for transporting everything.
The Face-2-Face also has 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes on top for attaching accessories such as LED lights, providing for a complete interview and prompting system.
- Interview tool and a teleprompter in one
- No longer do you have to ask your interview subject to look into the camera
- Periscope design allows interviewer and interviewee to keep eye-contact via glass reflections
- The interviewee can look at the interviewer and the camera lens at the same time while speaking
- Ensures eye-contact with the audience, resulting in warmer, more intimate interviews
- Insert a tablet or smartphone and use it as a complete teleprompter
- Integrated 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes and 15mm rod ports provide for a complete, self-contained mounting system
- Includes 8.5" 15mm rods and up to 4" height-adjustable rod-mount camera riser
- Camera riser features 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes and can also be used to mount a camera separately on a second tripod
- 70/30 beamsplitter glass
- 1/4"-20 mounting holes on top for LED lights and other accessories
- Built-in carry handle on top
- Carry case included