The Shure QLXD4 is a digital half-rack wireless receiver housed in a rugged, full-metal chassis and compatible with QLXD1 bodypack and QLXD2 handheld transmitters. It provides instructors, presenters, and broadcasters with professional-quality audio, reliable RF performance, and secure AES 256-bit encryption. Easy to set up and operate, it is ideal for use in TV broadcast or sound-reinforcement applications in medium-sized venues and houses of worship, as well as A/V installations in conference, educational, and corporate facilities.
The QLXD4 operates in the V50: 174 to 216 MHz VHF band with a 42 MHz tuning range and 1680 selectable frequencies. It delivers pristine 24-bit/48 kHz digital audio with clarity, accurate low end, and crisp transient response. The receiver utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and provide solid RF signal stability without audio artifacts. You can run up to 30 mic channels at the same location.
The unit features audio and RF meters, 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4" instrument outputs. A large LCD screen and intuitive controls let you quickly make adjustments, even in low-light situations. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning, IR sync, and internal limiting to prevent clipping.
The Ethernet port allows multiple receivers to be easily networked together for simplified frequency coordination and deployment via Shure's Wireless Workbench (WWB) software.
- The receiver works with a wide selection of Shure mics and transmitter types including the QLXD1 bodypack and QLXD2 handheld transmitters that provide complete mobility for presenters/performers.
- It is also compatible with the ULXD6 boundary and ULXD8 gooseneck base transmitters to accommodate meeting rooms with flexible seating layouts.
- ULX-D bodypack and handheld transmitters are also compatible.
Robust Performance with Digital Switching Diversity Reception
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur.
- Two detachable 1/2 wave dipole antennas are included.
- 256-bit AES encryption offers unbreachable privacy by using a unique, randomized encryption key generated every time encryption is enabled.
- Low latency makes the system ideal for meetings that require live sound reinforcement.
Intelligent Hardware Simplifies Setup, Monitoring, and Control
- The QLXD4's scanning function automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain with an internal limiter that automatically engages to prevent digital clipping of your audio.
- Intuitive front-panel controls with audio and RF LED meters as well as a peak indicator, allow for quick visual checks.
- Ethernet networking enables real-time, precision monitoring and control of your system as well as automatic frequency coordination across multiple receivers, using Wireless Workbench software (WWB) for Mac/Windows.
- The receiver is compatible with external controllers such as AMX and Creston.
- Remote Control: Make adjustments from anywhere in the venue from your iPad/iPhone via the ShurePlus Channels Mobile App for iOS devices.
Enhance the Reliability of Your Receiver
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.