The CA-2 from Korg is a chromatic tuner with a wide range of pitch detection which allows for fast, high-precision tuning of winds, strings, keyboards, and other instruments.
The CA-2 offers needle-style metering which shows the pitch quickly and accurately. For smooth tuning, the large, high-visibility display area lets you know the note and string name, while the red/green LEDs indicate pitch discrepancy.
Features include an adjustable calibration function for a wide range of concert pitches, pure major/minor third markings to help you perform pure harmonies when playing in an ensemble, and a Sound mode that lets you tune by ear.
Compact and lightweight (at 2.36 oz), the CA-2 is easy to carry anywhere, and its stylish, rounded body is comfortable to hold in your hand. The high-efficiency, long-life design affords you approximately 200 hours of tuning, on two AAA alkaline batteries.
Needle-Style Meter with High-Visibility Note Name and String Name
- Needle-style meter shows pitch quickly and accurately
- Large, easy-to-read display area shows note name and string name
- Red and green LEDs indicate pitch discrepancy, for fast and smooth tuning
Compact, Slim, Lightweight Body
- Pocket-sized, card-type tuner that's easy to carry anywhere
- Rounded body with stylish design is comfortable to hold in your hand
- Replace batteries by sliding the entire body, so there's no risk of losing the battery-compartment cover
Wide Range of Pitch Detection
- Supports a broad detection range (A0 to C8), for speedy and high-precision tuning of wind, string, keyboard, and other instruments
- High-sensitivity built-in microphone or CM-200 contact microphone (available separately) can be used to send the vibrations directly to the tuner for even more accurate tuning
- Calibration function (410 to 480 Hz) can be adjusted in 1 Hz steps for a wide range of concert pitches, providing accurate and flexible tuning to any song or key
Pure Major Third and Minor Third Markings
- Meter scale includes markings to indicate pure major and minor thirds relative to a specified pitch
- By tuning your instrument to these markings, you can perform precise, pure harmonies when playing in an ensemble
Sound Mode to Tune by Ear
- In addition to tuning visually with the meter, Sound Mode emits a chromatically adjustable reference tone from the built-in speaker, and lets you tune by ear
Approximately 200 Hours of Continuous Use
- High-efficiency, long-life design allows approximately 100 hours of continuous operation on two AAA zinc-carbon batteries or approximately 200 hours on alkaline batteries