With five beam intensities, a disorientating strobe, and an adjustable beam angle, Fenix's FD30 LED Flashlight is the smallest offering in the FD-series and makes an ideal EDC duty light that packs a lot of power and versatility in a pocket-sized form factor. Its low, 8-lumen output is ideal for performing tasks such as reading or rooting through a pack, but when the job requires more power, the intensity kicks up to a blinding 900-lumens. A rotating collar on the head allows you to adjust the beam size from a wide 76° flood beam to light a large area close to you, but if you want to maximize the beam throw simply twist the collar to focus the beam into a tight 7° spot light. A bright strobe mode can be activated for signaling or to disorientate.
Designed for daily use, the FD30 is outfitted with a lightweight and durable aluminum body with a scratch and corrosion-resistant anodized finish. The housing is O-ring sealed for an IP68 rating making it waterproof and submersible to over 6.5 feet and dustproof. Multiple safety circuitries are in-place to protect the light from damage caused by incorrectly installed batteries or excessive heat. Additional circuitry detects the battery being used and adjusts the performance accordingly to maximize the battery life while digitally regulating the output to provide consistent beam intensity throughout the battery charge. The light is able to run on either one 18650 rechargeable battery, or two smaller CR123 disposable batteries.
- Eco: 8 lumen
- Low: 50 lumen
- Med: 150 lumen
- High: 350 lumen
- Turbo: 900 lumen
- One Cree XP-L HI white LED
- Disorientating strobe mode
- Dual reflector and rotating focusing system allows beam to be focused from a wide flood to tight spot light
- Wide 78° flood light beam is designed for maximum coverage
- Tight 7° spot light is optimized for a far throw
- Type: Dual pushbuttons
- Location: Tailcap and body
- Momentary and constant-on activation via two-stage tailcap switch
- Stainless steel body switch controls output and mode selection
- Partially-shrouded tailcap helps to prevent accidental activation
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
- Scratch and corrosion-resistant anodized finish
- IP6X rated, dust-proof
- IPX8-rated, waterproof and submersible to 6.6'
- Impact-resistant to 3.3'
- Machined heat-dissipating fins on head help to prevent overheating
- Weight: 3.4-ounces, without battery
- Runs on one user-supplied 18650 rechargeable or two CR123 disposable batteries
- Digitally regulated output maintains consistent beam intensity throughout battery charge
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage if batteries are installed incorrectly
- Overheat protection automatically steps-down output to prevent damage to circuitry