Designed to put a panoply of sonic possibilities beneath the feet of electric bass players, the Zoom B3n is a multi-effects processor with 67 different effects, up to seven of which can be used simultaneously. Also provided are five amp and cabinet emulations which aim to replicate the sonic signatures of classic setups.
Three footswitches allow you to initiate effects, which are all editable via three separate LCD screens, each of which boasts four dedicated parameter controls, which change depending on the effect you choose. At the bottom of the pedal are three more foot controls: two scroll pedals for cycling through banks, as well as a third control for tap-tempo and tuner regulation. An 80-second phrase looper is also available to you, for all your looping needs.
The pedal provides both instrument and auxiliary inputs, and an output section which gives you a mono 1/4" output and a stereo 1/4" output, useful for monitoring through headphones or implementing stereo effects. A controller input will allow you to hook in compatible expression control pedals, such as the FP02M.
Features at a Glance
- 67 high-quality stompbox DSP effects
- 5 new amp emulators, plus 5 cabinet emulators
- Included ZOOM Guitar Lab Mac/Windows software for allows downloading of additional effects and patches
- Use up to 7 effects simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 3 stompbox switches allow effects to instantly be brought in and out
- Stereo/mono looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 3 independent editing displays
- Onboard chromatic tuner with dedicated footswitch supports all standard bass tunings including open and drop-tunings (tuner center-range of 435 to 445 Hz)
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the looper
- Tap Tempo with dedicated footswitch
- Auxiliary stereo input jack for connection of smartphones and music players
- Dual output jacks for connection to bass amps and mono/stereo PA systems
- Dedicated stereo headphone output jack
- Control input for ZOOM FP02M external expression pedal