The Nautila by DigiTech is a multi-voice chorus and flanger pedal intended for use with electric guitars. It provides stereo inputs and outputs, allowing you to create a chorus or flanged sound that vacillates between two amplifiers, two speakers of a PA, or two inputs of an audio interface—depending on how you hook it up.
The pedal itself offers modulation speed, depth, drift, tonal/regeneration and mix controls, allowing you to fabricate a variety of different modulated tones. The footswitch provided is true bypass, preserving your signal’s integrity when the effect is off. The footswitch also has a separate function: Holding it down results in changes of the modulation speed.
This pedal can be used in mono operations with a single guitar and a single amplifier. It can also route a mono source to two destinations, allowing you to use a second amplifier. However, you can also plug two inputs into the pedal, in which case each input is processed separately, keeping true stereo separation between channels, allocating your chorus to move around amplifiers, or your flanger to swirl between input channels on a mixer.
Included with the Nautila is a StompLock to protect your settings by preventing accidental knob adjustments, and a hook-and-loop pad to attach the pedal to your pedalboard.
Knobs at a Glance
- Mix knob: Controls the amount of effect added to dry (unprocessed) signal. Turn this knob clockwise for more effect or counterclockwise for less effect.
- Speed knob: Controls the rate of the modulation effect. Turn the knob clockwise to increase the rate or counterclockwise to decrease the rate.
- Depth knob: Controls the intensity of the effect. Turn this knob clockwise for more intensity or counterclockwise for less intensity.
- Voices knob: This knob works differently, depending on whether you are using the stompbox as a flanger or a chorus pedal. In Chorus mode, the Voices knob works as a tone control, enhancing the high frequencies the more you turn the knob clockwise. In Flanger mode, the knob controls the amount feedback/regeneration, dramatically enhancing the flanger’s harmonics during the sweep.
Key Features at a Glance
- Chorus and flanger in one pedal
- 1 to 8 voices for chorus
- 1 to 4 voices for flanger
- Slow to fast or fast to slow foot-switchable speeds
- Soft-click vacuum-style footswitch
- True stereo I/O
- True bypass circuitry preserves your tone when the pedal is not in use
- High-voltage operation for uncompromised signal quality
- Includes StompLock knob guard to lock your tone in place and prevent accidental knob adjustments onstage
- Includes custom-fitted hook-and-loop pedalboard pad to secure the Nautila to your pedalboard