The Prophet Rev2 from Dave Smith Instruments is a 16-voice polyphonic synthesizer that builds upon the success of the original Prophet '08 synthesizer, but with an improved design and enhanced features. The Prophet Rev2 retains all the sound capabilities including two digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCO) per voice (plus octave on oscillator 1) with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse-wave and pulse-width modulation, as well as the signature analog Curtis low-pass filter with 2- or 4-pole selections (resonating in 4-pole mode). Additionally, the synthesizer offers three envelope generators to control the filter and VCA, with the 3rd being assignable and offering ADSR + delay and loop capabilities.
Other notable features include the doubling of the modulation matrix, waveshape modulation on all waveforms, digital effects per layer in stacked or split voice mode, a polyphonic step sequencer per layer and more. The Prophet Rev2 is compatible with any existing libraries or patches from the Prophet '08. The instrument has inputs for a sustain pedal and expression pedal, which doubles as an input for control voltage for further sonic manipulation. Four 1/4" unbalanced TS outputs provide audio output, while a stereo 1/4" headphone connection allows for playing in quiet environments.
- With 16 voices available, you have the freedom to allocate them as you wish. Play two-fisted chords, stack two 8-voice sounds for massive, complex textures, or split the keyboard into two separate 8-voice instruments
- The Prophet Rev2 gets its bold, punchy sound from its 2-/4-pole, low-pass, resonant Curtis filters per voice. These are the same filters used not only in the Prophet '08, but in many classic instruments of the '70s and '80s. A separate Audio Mod control adds additional harmonic complexity and movement
- Waveshape Modulation: Vary the "pulse width" of any of the four waveforms (sawtooth, saw+tri, triangle, square)
- Shape Mod Control: Manually dial in a desired waveshape width or use an LFO or other mod source for continuously shifting timbre
- Vast Tonal Possibilities: Single-oscillator sounds take on new depth and dimension
Effects per Layer
- Effect Section: Reverb, delays (standard and BBD), chorus, phase shifter, ring modulation, and distortion
- Stacked or Split Voice Mode: Apply a different effect to each layer. Effects parameters can be modulated through the Mod Matrix
Extended Modulation Matrix
- Mod Matrix: Doubled in sized, with 8 individual slots and many more sources/destinations
Poly Step Sequencing
- Polyphonic Step Sequencer: Allows up to 64 steps and up to 6 notes per step. Create a different sequence for each layer when you are working in stacked or split voice mode, making it a powerful tool for composition or performance
- Gate Mode: Modulation sequencer that allows you to create up to 4 different 16-step sequences for complex modulation
- Sequences Allow Ties and Rests: Syncs to an external MIDI clock
- Arpeggiator: Features note repeats, re-latching, and can be synced to external MIDI clock
- The knob-per-function front panel offers instant access to Prophet Rev2 functions
- Programs: 512 permanent factory programs and 512 rewritable user programs
- Keyboard: Five-octave, high-quality, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch.
- Integrated power supply
- USB support
- Crisp OLED display