The COMP76 from Overloud is a dynamics plug-in that realistically emulates the sound and behavior of a legendary FET compressor/limiter, but with capabilities enhanced by additional features that go beyond the hardware's original controls. With its lightning-fast attack & release times, and musically pleasing tone, this plug-in can output a wide variety of sounds, ranging from subtle, near-transparent compression, to all-out distortion, ideal for vocals, drums, guitars, basses, keys, and more.
All the familiar controls are here. Attack & release time, input & output levels, and compression ratio, including the famous All-Buttons-In configuration, also known as "British" mode. By just turning a knob, the Comp76 lets you create parallel compression to reduce the dynamic range of a track while leaving the transients intact. The plug-in also offers Mid/Side processing which allows you to separately compress the mono and stereo elements of a track, improving the stereo image or helping individual instruments stand out in the mix.
Other features include sidechain compression, A/B comparison, and multilevel undo/redo. To get you working right away, the Comp76 comes with a large selection of useful presets that were designed during real mixing sessions.
- Realistic simulation of legendary FET compressor-limiter
- 4th generation DSP technology
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit
- Emulates the original All-Buttons-In mode
- Sidechain processing
- Low CPU usage (more than 1000 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina)
- Multilevel undo/redo
- A/B comparison
- Large selection of presets designed during real mixing sessions
Built-In Parallel Processing
- Achieved by summing the compressor output to the original track
- Use Parallel knob — no need to create complex routing inside the DAW
Built-In Mid/Side Processing
- Separately compress the mono and stereo elements of the track — with different compression settings for each