Fusing Cambo's ACTUS and Ultima lines, the ACTUS-XL-DB View Camera pairs the sleeker form factor of the ACTUS cameras along with the extensive full range of movements from the Ultima cameras. In addition to the versatility afforded by the camera movements, this camera system has also been designed as fully modular with its ability to accept all existing ACTUS lens plates, various digital backs by swapping the interface plates, and even DSLR or mirrorless cameras by swapping the rear frame. As a view camera, this system offers geared movements on both the rear and front standards for correcting perspective distortions, achieving an extended depth of field, or producing creative selective focus effects. The 11.8"-long monorail design permits both quick-slide and fine-tuned geared focusing movements, and the monorail can be exchanged for optional longer rails for macro applications. Reaping the benefits of both a complete view camera system along with the versatility and adaptability of a system designed for digital photographers, the ACTUS-XL-DB is a flexible solution for precise image-making needs.
- Tilt: +/- 20° on both standards
- Swing: +/- 20° on both standards
- Shift: +/- 25mm on both standards
- Rise/Fall: +/- 20mm on both standards
Additionally, both fine (up to 1.6" / 40mm) and coarse/quick-slide (4.7" / 120mm) focusing movements are possible, with a maximum extension of 6.3" / 160mm possible.
- Compatible with optional extended ULM monorails and bellows for macro applications.
- Tripod mounting block is fitted with a 3/8"-16 mount for attaching to a tripod or stand.
- Monorail and standards feature scales for making precise and repeatable movements.
- Zero-position clicks are incorporated into each movement type for more intuitive handling.
- Tilts and swings allow you to alter the plane of focus for employing selective focus techniques or Scheimpflug settings for extensive depth of field. Additionally, these tilt and swing movements are used to correct for convergence and other perspective distortions.
- Shift and rise/fall allow you to move the camera or lens position without affecting focus, making this configuration especially ideal for stitching multiple exposures or adjusting composition after applying tilt or swing.
- Rear interface can be rotated between vertical and horizontal orientations without having to remove the digital back or bellows.
- Optional sliding back can be used when working with digital backs without live view.
- Black anodized for greater durability and scratch resistance.
- Copal 0
- Copal 1
- Copal 3
- Short-barrel Alpa lens panels
- Short-barrel Wide RS lens panels
- Cambo ACTAR lenses in ACTUS plates
Lens Adapting Plates:
- Hasselblad V
- Mamiya RB/RZ
- Canon EF
- Nikon F
- Leica R
- Mamiya 645 Pro TL
- Pentax 645
Digital Back Interface Adapters:
- SLW-80 Hasselblad-V
- SLW-89 Hasselblad-H
- SLW-81 Leaf Afi/Sinar Hy6
- SLW-83 Phase One XF/DF /Mamiya AFd
- SLW-87 Contax 645
Additionally, the bellows can be replaced with the optional AC-214 Bellows and the rear frame can be exchanged with the optional ACXL-965 Bayonet Holder for attaching DSLR and mirrorless cameras to the view camera system.