Musicians, producers, and sound designers in need of a high-quality nearfield monitor will be impressed with the Focal Professional Shape 65, a compact, nearfield 6.5" active 2-way studio monitor that's ideal for use in home, project, or mobile studios. The sealed MDF cabinet houses a 6.5" flax sandwich cone woofer and an aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter that combine to provide a frequency response of 40 Hz to 35 kHz with a maximum SPL of 109 dB, while two 6.5" passive radiators help extend the low frequencies and minimize distortion. The midrange / low-frequency driver is powered by a Class-AB 80W amplifier, while the high-frequency driver utilizes a Class-AB 25W amplifier. The sealed enclosure allows the monitor to be placed near a boundary or wall with no adverse effects.
The monitor features XLR and RCA input connectors, making it easy to connect to a variety of sound systems and devices. It also offers a variety of controls including an adjustable mid-frequency control, as well as high- and low-frequency shelf controls, plus a variable high-pass filter (Full Range / 45 / 60 / 90 Hz), which allow you to customize the speaker's acoustic response to match your environment. The Shape 65 can be mounted to the ceiling or a wall via the optional fastening accessories package and ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- Aluminum/magnesium inverted dome tweeter
- M-Shaped Tweeter: 1" with low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Flax Sandwich Cone Woofer: 6.5" with controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower midrange and upper midrange registers
- Dual passive radiators (6.5") for extended bass response and reduced distortion
- Designed without a port, allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Releasable high-pass filter
- Adjustable treble, mids, and bass
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 35 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 109 dB (peak at 1m)
- XLR and RCA inputs
- Auto-standby mode
- Accepts 100-240 VAC power for international use
- Fastening mechanisms present on the back and underneath for installing on the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Threads for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not supplied)