Available for download, the Zap II Bundle packages a veritable panoply of Zynaptiq's quirky plug-ins in one software suite. Many of these processes will find their applicable uses in audio production, post production, mixing, and mastering.
UNVEIL is designed to help you boost or attenuate a reverb already imbued within a sound source. UNCHIRP is useful in suppressing the high-frequency artifacts (chirps) or musical-noise artifacts from sources already processed through lossy, destructive codecs. UNFILTER helps in ameliorating or outright removing filtering effects such as excessive EQ, problematic resonances, comb filtering, and more.
MORPH 2 can combine two sound-sources into something new using five morphing algorithms, a formant shifter, and an integrated hall reverb. UNMIX::DRUMS allows you to isolate or attenuate drums from any prerecorded bit of material with its source signal separation technology. PITCHMAP is a polyphonic pitch-processing plug-in that gives you the ability to change the pitch of individual sounds within a prerecorded mix.
ADAPTIVERB is a reverb which resynthesizes the sound its processing to provide organically tuned reverbs. Lastly, you'll find WORMHOLE, which provides pitch-shifting, tone warping, filtering, delays, reverbs, and other effects for creating anything from alien voices to electronically fascinating contrapuntal melodies.
Compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, these plug-ins can operate in Audio Units, RTAS, VST, and AAX formats.
Zynaptiq UNFILTER - Adaptive Tonal Contour Linearization Plug-In (Download)
UNFILTER from Zynaptiq is a versatile frequency response tool with a broad range of applications. The real-time plug-in is able to automatically remove filtering effects, such as comb filtering, resonance, or excessive equalization. Applications include audio post for film sound, music production and mastering, broadcast and ENG, sound design, and forensics. The plug-in can also apply a detected filter response to another signal, or export it to disk as an impulse response.
When doing post-production for film sound, the automatic recognition of frequency response anomalies is extremely useful for cleaning up production sound, and especially for enhancing the intelligibility of dialog. In music production and mastering, fine-tuning the frequency response of a signal is one of the most commonly encountered tasks. While recordings of acoustic instruments and live performances can often exhibit unwanted peaks and notches. Here the high-precision filtering engine makes it a very flexible solution for these issues.
For broadcasting audio, it is important to maintain a consistent and balanced audio spectrum, to ensure optimal performance of all down-stream systems, and to provide a high-quality, consistent and non-fatiguing listening experience to the audience. As the acoustic properties of the footage used can vary strongly to say the least, this is no trivial task. Electronic News Gathering (ENG) often requires using small, portable and inconspicuous devices, and/or low bandwidth transmission systems. The software's adaptive processing aids in making even the most difficult footage usable.
The ability to completely reshape the spectral contour of a signal, extract the filter response from a sound and apply it to a different file, and to solo the noisy components contained in a sound makes it an excellent tool for designing new sounds. When applied to the field of forensics, the plug-in can assist in extracting information from recordings in multiple ways. Intelligibility of speech recordings can be greatly enhanced, the filtering effects of microphone occlusion can be removed, and sounds buried beneath others can be made more audible.
- Automatically detect and remove resonances, equalization, roll-offs and the effects of comb filtering from musical, location, dialog and surveillance recordings
- Apply the measured filter response to other signals to place them in the same "acoustic world"
- Export the measured filter response to or import it from a linear- or minimum-phase impulse response file (WAV)
- Mastering grade adaptive, free-form and graphic equalization
- Extremely steep 96dB/octave shelving high-pass filter
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications
- Time-efficient workflow and UI
Sound for Picture
- Remove comb-filtering caused by multiple "open" microphones being mixed to one iso track, or by proximity to reflective surfaces
- Remove resonances caused by room geometry or using shotgun microphones near off-axis reflective surfaces
- Remove recording path roll-offs and lavalier microphone chest resonance
- Increase level separation between dialog and background sounds
- Make ADR blend better with production dialog
- Synthesize room tone to fill editing gaps or to layer with ADR by applying a measured filter response to noise
- Make crowd atmos, walla or dense ambience collide less with dialog
- Manipulate apparent distance of background sounds by emphasizing room filtering effects
- Enhance SFX and foley recordings
- Speed up any equalization and low-cut filtering task
- Improve mix translation to non-standardized playback environments, like TVs or PCs, by removing resonances that would add up with the frequency response of the playback system
- Save hours of expensive mixing stage time
Music Production and Mastering
- Remove resonances and other frequency response issues from recordings of acoustic instruments or live performances
- Remove EQ or filtering "printed" to tracks delivered for mix-down or mastering
- Remove guitar cabinet coloration, or apply it to a DI guitar
- Apply corrective EQ to any source within seconds
- Exaggerate a sound's coloration to more firmly place it in its own frequency "window"
- Remove low-mid buildup from sub-mixes and mixes without losing the "body" of the sound
- Balance the spectrum of one or multiple songs
- Capture the frequency response of outboard EQ or other signal paths and apply it or store it as impulse response (WAV)
- Accentuate the natural low end on acoustic bass drums
- Remove spectral peaks caused by corpus resonance, for example on bass or acoustic guitars
- Apply a track's measured filter response to overdubs made with a different recording setup to make them blend better
- Extract a filter response curve from a sound and apply it to another
- Remove the natural corpus resonance from a sound and apply a different one
- Open or close synthesizer low-pass filters after the fact
- Bring out aspects of a sound normally hidden behind other features
- Synthesize drones, hiss or rumble by extracting a filter response from an example sound and applying it to noise or other broad-band quasi-/cyclo-stationary sounds
- Use NOISE MONITOR to isolate the noisy components of a sound
- Generate multiple object state sounds from one file for game-audio
- Animate the frequency response of static sounds to make them more "alive"
- Improve translation to consumer playback systems like gamer PCs
- Generally fine-tune the frequency response of a sound with unprecedented precision
Broadcast and ENG
- Apply adaptive equalization to time-varying audio content, such as mixed music audio streams
- Enhance intelligibility of speech recordings by removing resonances and signal path related roll-offs
- Improve translation to consumer playback devices by removing non-linearity that would add up with those of the playback system
- Reduce the coloration imparted by transmission through telephones, megaphones, intercoms, P.A. systems etc.
- Increase intelligibility of speech recorded using low-fidelity or covertly worn recording devices
- Increase the separation of speech from background sounds
- Increase intelligibility of speech recorded using low-quality, occluded or damaged audio equipment
- Make sounds buried beneath other sounds more audible
- Increase separation between speech and background sounds
- Reduce the filtering effects caused by telephone transmissions
- Remove resonances and filtering effects caused by an intermediate medium, such as walls or windows
Zynaptiq UNVEIL 1.6 De-Reverberation and Signal Focusing Processor Plug-In (Download)
The UNVEIL 1.6 De-Reverberation & Signal Focusing Processor Plug-In from Zynaptiq is a real-time Audio Unit, VST 2.4, and RTAS/AAX compatible plug-in that can boost or attenuate the reverb level on mono or stereo tracks. It is based on Zynaptiq's proprietary Mixed-Signal Audio Processing, or MAP technology, which works by internally isolating sonically important elements in a mix, and then allowing you to increase or decrease them. The UNVEIL also uses a model of the human auditory system to isolate the elements we perceive as reverb, and then separating those elements from the mix.
The 64-bit UNVEIL can be used in a variety of audio applications, including mixing, mastering, and audio for film. Film mixers can clean up dialog or location sound that might have been previously unusable, removing those elements that often cause noise or muddiness. Mastering engineers can remove reverb from over-saturated mixes, and since it works on mono sources as well as stereo, mixing engineers can easily use the UNVEIL on individual tracks.
Zynaptiq UNCHIRP Codec Artifact Removal & Transient Retrieval Plug-In (Download)
UNCHIRP from Zynaptiq is a codec artifact removal and transient retrieval plug-in that is designed for removing artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding and other FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) based processes, such as spectral de-noising. Reduce musical noise, suppress high frequency chirping and warbling sounds, fix transient smearing, and restore lost high frequencies using UNCHIRP's artifact suppression and transient enhancement functions. If you need to salvage poorly encoded music or vocals, or material that has been de-noised too strongly, UNCHIRP can help you remove the unwanted artifacts and improve transient definition, thereby improving audio quality.
The plug-in supports AU, VST 2.4, RTAS, AAX Native, and AudioSuite plug-in formats on Mac and VST 2.4, RTAS, AAX Native, and AudioSuite plug-in formats on PC.
- Suppression of high frequency "chirping" artifacts
- Reduction of "musical noise" artifacts
- Transient Synthesis to augment or replace smeared, over-limited or otherwise compromised transients
- Psycho-Acoustically optimized Treble Boost circuit with Enhance and Excite modes
- Break-Point Curve Editor based frequency-dependent processing
- Side-only algorithm mode for working with joint-stereo encoded material
- HD algorithm mode for increased quality processing with higher CPU load (off-line processing recommended)
- SYNC parameter allows processing to be synchronized to signal transients for increasing clarity
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications
- Workflow and UI designed for efficiency
Zynaptiq WORMHOLE - Audio Effects-Processing Software (Download)
Available for download, Zynaptiq’s WORMHOLE is an effects processing plug-in that aims to bring warmth, clarity, and alias-free signal manipulation to your sound-design toolbox. As such, the software is equally at home on acoustic instruments, electric instruments, synthetic instruments, and even in post-production scenarios: Guitars can be made to shimmer and warble, pianos can be transformed into space-age celestas, and scary, movie-monster voices can be achieved in one plug-in instead of several.
WORMHOLE accomplishes its modulation through dedicated aspects of the plug-in, called Warp, Shift, Reverb, and Delay. Warp provides time-domain spectral warping effects largely free of unnatural artifacts—unless, of course, you want to introduce them yourself. Shift handles both pitch and frequency shifting, giving you the means to detune a sound, apply chorus, and more. It does this in a clean manner, low on artifacts and pitch-jumping. Two reverbs are provided, one for the dry signal and one for the processed sound. These can be combined to your liking. The delay can similarly effect wet and dry signals separately or together. For more descriptions of each effect, please see the features section.
This software, compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, requires an iLok account, which can be obtained for free. It is compatible with AU, AAX, VST 2, VST 3, and RTAS formats.
Zynaptiq PITCHMAP 1.5 Real Time Polyphonic Pitch Processor Plug-In (Download)
The Zynaptiq PITCHMAP 1.5 Real Time Polyphonic Pitch Processor Plug-In is a real time, pitch processor that allows you to change the pitch of individual elements of a mixed track. Using either PITCHMAP's interface or a MIDI keyboard, you can change the melodies and harmonies of a track, or adjust the pitch and key of an entire mix.
Using Zynaptiq's Mixed-Signal Audio Processing, or MAP technology, the PITCHMAP breaks a mixed track into its individual components, including its harmonics and transients, before giving you control over their pitch. With the track broken down, you can make changes ranging from subtle corrections in tuning to completely change the key or melodies in the performance or eliminating components altogether. PITCHMAP includes a layer of processing dedicated solely to vocal elements, called Natural Mode, which handles the nuances of this range for more realistic pitch adjustment.
PITCHMAP also allows you to change the overall sonic landscape of your tracks. With the Purify and Electrify parameters, you can alter how synthetic or realistic the changes to your track are, adding another level of sound design. The plug-in supports AU, VST 2.4, RTAS, AAX Native, and AudioSuite plug-in formats on Mac and VST 2.4, RTAS, AAX Native, and AudioSuite plug-in formats on PC.
Zynaptiq ADAPTIVERB - Harmonic Tracking Resynthesis Reverb (Download)
ADAPTIVERB from Zynaptiq is not a traditional algorithmic or impulse-based reverb, rather it uses ray tracing, source separation, and advances in artificial intelligence to produce a reverb response with greater perceived depth, harmonic richness, and smooth tails, all without obscuring the source.
The reverb preserves the tonal definition and directness of a mix, while adding size, glue, and body, characteristics that are perfect for mixing and mastering applications alike. Additionally, the software automatically adapts to the input audio, conforming the reverb tail to the tonality of the input, or a user-defined set of notes.
With its advanced synthesis, cross-filtering, and reverb pitch-processing functions, the plug-in provides ambient artists, film composers, and sound designers with new creative options for making evolving drones, organic pads, lush ambient soundscapes, and more.
Zynaptiq UNMIX::DRUMS - Drums Processor (Download)
UNMIX::DRUMS from Zynaptiq is a drums processor plug-in that allows real-time attenuating and boosting of drums in mixed music. It provides drum-level control ranging from +18 dB of boost to virtually complete removal, and is ideal for mastering, music production, sample-based music creation, mash-ups, remixes, and more.
UNMIX::DRUMS works equally well on a full mix or on a drum buss. It employs source signal separation and frequency-dependent technologies to shape and enhance the impact of your drums. The software offers two boost modes – Smooth and Punchy – which let you choose between a dry, natural sound or a tight and snappy feel that makes your drums jump from the mix. To extend the frequency range of your music, the sub-bass synthesizer adds clean, and punchy low-frequency energy to your mix or drum track, without level instabilities, false triggers or phase cancellation.
Designed for speed and simplicity, an intuitive 3-way graphical user interface ensures that you only see key parameters when or if you need them. The software comes with a high-precision analyzer display and a large selection of hand-crafted presets to get you going right-away.
Turn Volume Up/Down
- Takes a mixed music input and allows you to change the level of the drums relative to everything else, in real-time
- Ranges from up to +18 dB of boost to virtually complete removal of drums signal
- Also works on drums-only bus
- Adjust Drum Level and Threshold controls to attenuate or boost drums loudness
- Frequency-dependent adjustment of drums level
- Impact equalization lets you use the Curves control to shape impact and punch of your drums, without using a compressor or transient processor
Smooth and Punchy Boost Modes
- Smooth mode is designed with a dry, organic sound in mind, for natural-sounding medium boost situations or pre-processing for drum extraction applications
- Punchy mode produces snappy, tight sound that makes drums jump at you
- Both modes allow boosting the drum reverb – Smooth focuses on early reflections, Punchy on long reverb tails
- Sample-accurate sub-bass synthesizer adds punchy and clean low-frequency energy to your music or drums
- Simply raise Bass Synth slider to taste – no level instabilities, false triggers or phase cancellation
- Intuitive 3-way GUI design ensures you see only the parameters you need to see
- Controls include; Level compensation, high-precision analyzer display, M/S processing, hard-knee limiter, kill-switch-style drum level macro buttons
- Hand-crafted factory presets
Zynaptiq MORPH 2 - Real-Time Audio Morphing Plug-In (Download)
MORPH 2 from Zynaptiq is a real-time plug-in for structural audio morphing, the sonic equivalent of one object slowly changing its shape to become a different object - for example, one face becoming another. Using a selection of five different morphing algorithms, a clean formant shifter as well as reverb, the software can generate a whole new universe of sounds.
Version 2 adds new algorithms over those found in the original version, a damping parameter for the reverb section, a re-designed signal flow in the mixer section, and a new preset manager. The plug-in is perfect for a sound designer for film or games looking for that signature sound, or a music producer or remix artist wanting to create new content from existing recordings.