The Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with F-Control Mixer from B&H gives you a Zoom F4 6-input/8-track field recorder and a corresponding F-Control mixing control surface in one convenient package. The kit can be used to capture, record, and play back audio with resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz, which is suitable for film and video applications.
The field recorder, equipped to record audio in a wide range of environments, has on-board limiters that provide overload protection for all inputs and outputs. In addition to its four combo XLR-1/4" inputs, 3.5mm stereo input, and mic-capsule input for recording six discrete tracks with an extra stereo mix, the recorder sports inputs that can be used as a camera return for audio-monitoring.
The F-Control, on the other hand, is a mixing control surface for the F4 multitrack field recorder. It offers complete control over sound design and mixing with nine 60mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track-arming. The unit connects to the F4 recorder via USB for seamless operation, while additional USB ports let you connect to an external keyboard to quickly enter metadata while out in the field. Other accessories include a camera-mount adapter, a 12 VAC power adapter, a Cubase LE download code, and a Wavelab LE download code.
- Nine faders (eight + Master), each 60mm
- 1/4" headphone jack
- USB port for external keyboard connection
- Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming
- 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels
- Dedicated timecode buttons
- Track Scene edit buttons: Shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take screens
- Power options: 4 x AA batteries, 4-pin Hirose connector with external battery pack, and USB bus power via the F4 (not available with the F8)
- Durable metal chassis
- Compatible with Zoom F8n, F8, F6, and F4 multitrack field recorders