Designed for guitarists, bassists, keyboardists, or any other instrumentalist making use of stompboxes, the Radial Engineering BigShot EFX is a switcher that lets you route pedals into different paths and switch them in and out of your effects chain at will. It features passive true-bypass circuitry, so that when a pedal loop is disengaged from the chain, it’s as if the pedals aren’t there at all. Thus, a pedal that produces noise even in its bypassed state can be routed into one of the BigShot EFX's loops for quiet operation when disengaged.
Would you like to instantiate a modulation effect, a distortion, and a delay—all with one stomp of the foot? Simply loop those pedals into one of the paths provided, leave them on, and step on the BigShot EFX's footswitch when you’re ready to turn on all three pedals. In this way, you can eliminate tap-dancing on stage and concentrate more on delivering your best performance. Loop 2 of the BigShot EFX also provides a mute toggle switch, so you can route signal to a tuner, mute the output of the BigShot EFX and kill sound going to the amp, and tune your instrument in silence. If you experience any hum or buzzing issues, flip the ground-lift toggle switch of either loop to eliminate the problem.
The BigShot EFX is housed in a 14-gauge steel chassis to promote durability, and, at 3.6” x 4” x 2”, it won’t take up too much room on your pedal board. The pedal itself employs a passive circuitry, but to utilize its onboard LED indicators, you’ll need a power supply, available separately.
Key Features at a Glance
- 2 individual effects loops wired in series
- True-bypass signal path for straight-wire connectivity
- Separate ground-lift switches to reduce hum and buzz each loop
- Relatively compact at 3.6” x 4” x 2”
- Bright LED status indicators
- Switch between rhythm and lead pedal-chains
- Switch noisy pedals out of the signal chain
- Stomp and tune in silence
- Easy to use and set-up
- 100% passive audio circuit
- Works with guitar, bass, keys, acoustic/electric mandolins, and more
- Made in Canada