The Grand Rhapsody Piano from Waves is a stereo virtual piano plug-in offering the sounds of the Fazioli F228 piano used on Grammy-winning hits such as Adele's "Hello." It features flexible controls, and is well-suited for multiple genres, from solo piano to contemporary pop. Recorded with eight stereo pairs of microphones by Yoad Nevo in Studio A at Metropolis Studios in London, the sound libraries are available in high- and standard-definition.
Play the Grand Rhapsody Piano from the built-in virtual keyboard or an external MIDI controller. Choose from up to three stereo pairs of microphones and blend them with dedicated level sliders. Delay and polarity controls allow adjustment of the phase relationship of the mics. Soft and sustain pedals are supported, and a level control is provided for the volume of the piano's pedal noise. Change the velocity curve, formant, and sympathetic string resonance to suit different playing styles and sonic preferences. Featuring on-board compression, limiting, EQ, and reverb processing, the plug-in is effectively multiple processors in one.
Run the Grand Rhapsody Piano in a host that supports AAX Native, Audio Units, or VST plug-in formats. Or use it as a standalone application, ideal for live performances where simple configurations are desired.
- Stereo piano virtual instrument
- Sampled from the Fazioli F228 grand piano used for Grammy-winning hits such as Adele's "Hello"
- Engineered and produced by Yoad Nevo in Studio A at Metropolis Sound Studios in London
- Recorded with eight stereo pairs of microphones: AKG C451, B&K 4007, Coles 4038, Neumann KM84, Neumann U87, Royer R-121, Shure SM57, and SE RN17
- Choose up to three stereo pairs of microphones to blend together
- Mix the microphones using controls for level, delay, and polarity
- Adjustable sympathetic string resonance
- Soft and sustain pedal support with built-in pedal controls
- Variable velocity response curve and formant
- Controls for compression, reverb, and 3-band EQ
- Reverb based upon the Waves H-Reverb
- Adjustable output level
- Selectable limiter to prevent clipping
- VU and peak metering
- Built-in virtual keyboard can be played or will follow a MIDI input device
- MIDI control assignable
- Supports sample rates up to 96 kHz
- Use as a plug-in or standalone application
- Supports AAX Native, Audio Units, and VST
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows