Building on the success of the 20mm version, the larger-objective ZEISS 8x25 Victory Pocket Binoculars are engineered with improved performance—including a wider field of view and exit pupil, with a longer eye-relief, to boost their overall performance and handling. Complementing these improvements is a moderate magnification that brings subjects in close without the associated visible hand shake common in higher-power optics to provide users with an immersive observational experience.
This larger-objective model maintains the optical technology of earlier iterations to ensure the overall visual performance users have come to expect from ZEISS. The optical path features phase-corrected Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms with dielectric mirror coatings. These prisms maximize acuity and light throughput while eliminating aberrations and distortion. The lenses are fully multi-coated with ZEISS' iconic T* anti-reflective multi-coatings and their LotuTec protective coating. T* multi-coatings increase light transmission while eliminating lens flare and glare, while improving color rendition, clarity, and contrast. The LotuTec coating helps maintain the integrity of each external lens surface by repelling liquids and debris for a clear view in any conditions, weather, or situation.
The Victory's housing is made of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy, wrapped in a protective rubber armor that provides a slip-resistant grip. Their optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to deliver waterproof performance, while resisting internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature or environmental conditions. The distinctive offset hinge design provides a visibly unique and compact form factor that is easy to adjust and use one-handed.
- 8x magnification
- 25mm objective lenses
- Compact Schmidt-Pechan roof prism light path
- Phase-corrected dielectric mirror prism coatings limit internal diffraction to enhance clarity, light transmission, and contrast
- Extra-low dispersion fluoride glass limits chromatic aberrations to produce clearer and sharper views with little or no color fringing
- T* fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, clarity, and contrast while reducing lens flare and glare
- LotuTec coating: Sheds water, dirt, grease, and grime; lenses can be easily wiped clean without smearing
- Wide 60° apparent angle of view
- 390' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge / single-hinge configuration
- Fast and accurate center focusing wheel
- ±3 right-eye dioptric correction
- Broad 35-72mm interpupillary adjustment range to accommodate a wide variety of users
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long 16.5mm eye relief
- 3.1mm exit pupil
- Unique asymmetrical offset hinge allows the binoculars to fold flatter and more compact than traditional center-hinge configurations
- Prism design is slimmer than traditional roof prisms, providing similar performance with thinner optical tubes
- Impact-resistant and lightweight magnesium-alloy chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions
- Protective rubber armoring provides a secure no-slip grip
- Wide -13 to 145°F (-25 to 63°C) operating temperature
- Compact: 4.5x4.4"
- Lightweight: 10.9 ounces