The F6 from Waves is a 6-band dynamic equalizer designed to provide versatile equalization, compression, expansion, and de-essing, while offering low CPU usage and zero latency. It can be used in mono or stereo in a variety of hosts and platforms, including the eMotion LV1 mixing console.
This dynamic EQ allows you to configure its bands to respond to the dynamics of your track, enabling threshold- and frequency-dependent processing. Each of the six EQ bands is parametric and free-floating, with controls for type, gain, Q, and frequency. Every band provides adjustable threshold, attack, and release. The per-band Range control can be set to positive or negative values, allowing expansion or compression.
Each sidechain can be keyed internally or externally in filtered or wide-range mode. Use the variable high- and low-pass filters to remove rumble or sizzle without sacrificing EQ bands. When the F6 is in stereo mode, each band includes a selectable Mid-Side mode (stereo, Mid, or Side), useful for audio surgery and mastering.
The F6 also offers a mix control for easy parallel compression, and global output gain with stereo metering.
- Mono and stereo components
- Built-in dynamics processor triggers equalization
- Six parametric, overlapping, free-floating EQ bands
- Solo individual bands
- Per-band controls for EQ, compression, and expansion
- Variable high-pass and low-pass filters
- Adjustable EQ frequency, type, Q, and gain
- Each band offers configurable attack, release, threshold, and range
- Selectable Mid-Side processing modes
- Sidechain with selectable frequency modes
- Global automatic or manual release
- Global and per-band bypass
- Mix control for parallel processing
- Output gain and meters
- Touch compatible
- Zero latency
- Supports sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Supports AAX Native, AudioSuite, Audio Units, VST, and SoundGrid
- Compatible with MultiRack Native, StudioRack Native, MultiRack SoundGrid, StudioRack SoundGrid, eMotion ST Mixer, and eMotion LV1 Mixer
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows