The Cloud USA MA40T is a mono mixer/amplifier for use in AV systems and installations with an audio component. At 11.9 x 1.6 x 5.7", it is compact enough to fit into a wall or ceiling mount, or to be placed conveniently next to projectors, displays, and loudspeakers. As such, it is suitable for gallery/museum exhibitions and tour-guide systems. It can also work with digital signage systems, providing a vast improvement over the audio typically found in such devices. With its transformer-coupled, high-impedance output, the amplifier is capable of driving 40W into 100/70/25V-line loudspeaker distribution systems. The MA40T can also operate with 24 VDC power supplies, ideal for installations where an AC mains power supply isn't on hand - places such as trams, river-boats, and buses.
The MA40T can mix a balanced microphone input with two unbalanced stereo connections, summing the stereo inputs to mono internally and outputting them via the music channel. Also available, is a Facility port input option, which enables you to connect the LM-2A remote input module for wired sources or the BT-1FA input module for Bluetooth wireless sources (both available separately). Microphones, and/or line sources such as wireless mics, DJ mixers, MP3 players, laptops - including Bluetooth-equipped tablets and smartphones - can then be connected locally, simplifying the setup process for presentations where portable audio sources are in use. Additionally, the microphone input can be configured to directly connect to either a 100V-line or 70V-line PA/VA system, allowing the unit to carry paging and/or emergency announcements made using the building's main system.
Rear-panel DIP switches enable you to set various priorities, such as Line 1 over Line 2, or Mic over music. Configured in this way, you can connect message stores, or cause the music channel to automatically attenuate whenever microphone signal is present; this comes in handy for announcements. For microphones requiring 12V phantom power, an internal jumper is available. A music mute input is also provided, which can be hooked into an emergency system and permits compliance with local Fire Authority regulations; when the music mute is instantiated, the microphone input remains active, and a front panel MUTE LED illuminates. The inputs and outputs provided are all plug-in screw terminal connections.
On the front panel, you'll note controls for Mic, Line 1, and Line 2 levels, as well as low-frequency and high-frequency controls for the music channel to better accommodate the acoustics of your given space. On the rear of the unit, you'll see that the mic and line inputs have a control knob for gain. An energy-efficient amplifier, the MA40T features a user-selectable power-down function which automatically puts the unit into a low-current standby mode when it ceases to receive signal after a predetermined amount of time.
- Compact, mono mixer/amplifier module for "install-and-forget" situations
- Suitable for use with in-store digital signage, gallery/museum exhibits, and fixed or mobile tour guide systems
- Transformer-coupled, high-impedance output suitable for driving 40W into a 100V-line, 70V-line, or 25V-line loudspeaker distribution system
- Compact design – small enough to be fitted into wall or ceiling voids
- Two (unbalanced) stereo line inputs with individual sensitivity trims – stereo inputs are summed to mono internally
- Electronically balanced mic input with separate gain control
- Phantom power selectable by internal jumper
- Front-panel control of music and mic levels
- HF & LF EQ adjustments for music sources
- Mic input configurable for direct connection to 100/70V-line systems – allows MA40T to receive announcements from main building PA/VA system
- Mic input can be used with paging mics – compatible with the PM1 single-zone paging mic (available separately)
- Paging is configurable as automatic voice-over-music (VOX mode) or contact closure via access port
- Selectable Line1-over-Line 2 priority
- Facility port input option allows for connection of the LM-2A remote input module for wired sources or the BT-1FA input module for Bluetooth wireless sources (both available separately)
- Music Mute control input (N/O or N/C) for interface to emergency system
- Selectable 65 Hz high-pass filter for use with 100/70/25V-line systems
- Plug-in screw terminal connectors
- Automatic power-down function (user-selectable)
- Operates from any external 24 VDC supply
- Energy-efficient – less than 1W power consumption in sleep mode
- Convection cooled – silent during operation
- PSU meets US DoE Level VI energy requirements
- Universal AC adapter included (100-240 VAC)