The Multi-Camera L-Plate from Really Right Stuff is designed to adapt a camera body, regardless of brand or model, to an Arca-type compatible clamp in the landscape or portrait orientation. A 1/4"-20 screw mount allows the Multi-Camera L-Plate to be connected to a camera body through one of four slots cut out of the L-plate's surface. Each of those slots is tapped at one end with accessory threads that accept the mount, which features a hex socket for installation or removal using an included 5/32 hex key. When aligning a camera with one of the Multi-Camera L-Plate's slots, the slot that corresponds to the most coverage of the camera's base by the L-plate should be chosen.
Each slot for the 1/4"-20 screw mount measures 0.897" long through the width of the Multi-Camera L-Plate. After the mount is threaded through a slot, it can be moved forward so the back of the camera it is then threaded into becomes adjacent to the L-plate's rear anti-twist lip. The anti-twist lip helps prevent unwanted rotation of the camera while it is adapted to a clamp, but may also block a camera's extendable or rotatable LCD screen from deploying. Also, because the Multi-Camera L-Plate is not designed relative to the components of any specific camera body, its integrated vertical plate that rests against the side of an attached camera may block that camera's data ports or video terminals.
For direct attachment to accessories such as a tripod or straps that feature 1/4"-20 mounts, the underside of the Multi-Camera L-Plate is tapped with one 1/4"-20 female accessory thread. Additionally, lightening holes cut throughout the L-plate help to minimize its weight.
- Designed to adapt a camera, regardless of brand or model, to an Arca-type compatible clamp while in the landscape or portrait orientation
- 1/4"-20 screw mount for connection to the base of a camera body
- Mount features a hex socket for installation or removal using an included 5/32 hex key
- Rear anti-twist lip prevents unwanted rotation of an attached camera while it is adapted to a clamp
- One 1/4"-20 female accessory thread for direct connection to a 1/4"-20 mount
- Durable and lightweight, 6061-T6 aluminum-alloy construction
- Lightening holes throughout help to minimize weight