Building on the success of the original modular spotting scope system, the Swarovski Optik ATX/STX/BTX 65mm Objective Lens Module gets an updated tripod shoe that fits Arca-Swiss quick release plates, and will accept any of the three available eyepiece modules: straight (STX) or angled-viewing (ATX), or the binocular viewer (BTX). The bayonet mount for the eyepiece modules is backward compatible with the original ATX/STX modules, to make it easy for users to upgrade their objectives without needing a new eyepiece module.
Optically, Swarovski combines the legendary image quality and world-class workmanship that nature enthusiasts, tactical professionals, and researchers have come to expect from the brand. The 65mm objective strikes a nice balance between light-gathering ability and portability, making it well suited for the hunter, outdoor enthusiast, or birder. Extra-low dispersion fluoride glass elements efficiently transmit all wavelengths of visible light, resulting in bright images that are color faithful, crisp, and rich with detail. An integrated field-flattener lens system corrects spherical aberrations to reveal crisp details at the edges of the view without distortion. SWARODUR and SWAROTOP coatings on all lenses and prisms minimize glare while maximizing contrast.
Complementing the optical performance and technologies is a lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy chassis that is wrapped in a protective rubber armor. Its optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be dustproof, waterproof and submersible, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes or environmental conditions. The tripod collar has a 1/4"-20 socket on the bottom of the Arca-Swiss-compatible shoe and a rotating collar to allow for precise eyepiece placement relative to the mounting system.
- Optional eyepiece module required: straight (STX) or angled (ATX) viewing and binocular viewer (BTX) available
- 65mm objective lens balances aperture with portability
- Extra-low dispersion fluoride HD glass limits chromatic aberrations to produce clearer and sharper views with little or no color fringing
- Field-flattener lens system eliminates spherical aberrations to eliminate distortion at the edges of the field of view
- Anti-reflection SWAROTOP lens coatings reduce glare and improve contrast, color rendition, and clarity
- Scratch-resistant SWARODUR coatings protect exterior lens surfaces
Use and Handling
- Large focusing collar is easy to manipulate even when wearing gloves
- Rotating tripod mount allows for precise eyepiece placement
- M67x0.75 objective lens filter thread
- Tripod shoe is compatible with Arca-Swiss quick release plates; standard 1/4"-20 socket on bottom of shoe
- Lightweight and impact-resistant magnesium-alloy housing
- Rubber armor protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip for more secure handling during setup and breakdown
- SWAROCLEAN non-stick coating on exposed lens surfaces allows sap and oils to be easily cleaned for clearer views
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be dustproof, waterproof/submersible to 13', and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes or environmental conditions
- Broad -13 to 131°F operating temperature range