The Midas 512 Four-Band Parametric Equalizer is a 500-series module offering professional equalization in a compact format for live sound and professional recording environments. The 512's design utilizes premium circuits based on the Midas Heritage 3000 mixing console and includes switchable bell/shelf controls for treble and bass.
The Midas 512's parametric EQ address multiple parameters with high-precision when applying filter to an audio signal. While utilizing the bell-shaped bands, specific frequencies can be boosted or cut by an exact amount across an adjustable bandwidth or "Q". This precise surgical-level EQ enables fine tuning of the filter to reduce the gain at frequencies that are prone to feedback, or remove undesirable tonal qualities and their overtones. Conversely, the EQ bands can boost certain frequencies to add punch to bass and kick drums, or to add presence to vocal or solo instrument tonalities.
The Midas 512 operates across four overlapping frequency bands, with frequency and gain (±15 dB) adjustments being provided via the stacked dual concentric controls. The gain control is on the center knob, while frequency selection is made via the outer ring. The input stage of the 512 is second to none with its low noise performance, which boasts an enviable Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) of -70 dB @ 1 kHz. The balanced output utilizes a premium-quality transformer to minimize distortion and maximize clean headroom. The 512's transformer also provides galvanic isolation, generates a more vintage sound, and becomes saturated at lower frequencies to add color when driven hard.
- Compact 500-Series module with enhanced Midas Heritage 3000 four-band fully parametric equalizer
- Class leading equalizer acclaimed for its warm and responsive character with fast easy setup
- Precision dual-concentric controls give instant access to fully variable gain and frequency settings
- Bass and treble bands with selection switches for bell or shelving responses
- Fully variable bandwidth controls on all four bands in bell mode
- Discrete transistor driven transformer-balanced output
- High-performance electronically balanced input stage with high common-mode rejection
- Ultra-low noise design using premium-quality op-amps
- True hardware bypass selection switch removes all circuitry from the signal path when equalization is not required
- Power up mute relays prevent switch on thumps
- Advanced design with low power consumption gives extended component life
- Premium-quality components throughout for a crystal-clear audiophile signal path
- Limited 3-year warranty program