The Waves Clavinet is a stereo, virtual instrument plug-in meticulously sampled from an original model D6 Clavinet. Every texture and articulation of the original instrument, including hammer-tip and string-striking mechanic, were captured in both the muted and unmuted modes to recreate all the dynamic control, feel, and expression of the original funkified icon.
The instrument can be used as a plug-in or standalone, and comes equipped with the tools to create classic or modern sounds. The Key section gives you control over formants and velocity-response curves, while the Mix section enables you to control the sound of the keys while releasing, as well as the level of the mechanics sound in the overall mix. Tone shaping tools include a vintage compressor, an amp simulator (with a choice of condenser or dynamic mic), an EQ section, and a brickwall limiter.
The Clavinet's FX rack comes with auto-wha, phaser, chorus, and reverb effects. A selection of factory presets offers patches modeled after Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", Billy Preston's "Outta Space", and other classic songs.
- Accurately sampled from an original D6 model Clavinet
- Built-in FX section includes advanced auto-wah, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Full velocity-response mix control with key up and mechanics features
- Customizable EQ section for further tone shaping
- Mute slider control for decayed staccato or mellow sustain
- Amp overdrive control with tube condenser and dynamic microphone selectors
- Global tune control—MIDI-assignable
- NKS-ready for use with NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
- Can be used as a plug-in or as a standalone instrument
- Powered by the Waves Sampler Engine (WSE)
- Supports sample rates up to 96 kHz
- Use as a plug-in or standalone
- Supports AAX Native, Audio Units, and VST
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows