The black HDL 53-AS 3 x 12" Active High-Power Bass Subwoofer from RCF features 3 x 12", 3" voice coil woofers to ensure coverage in a frequency range between 35 and 100 Hz. It is powered by a 3300W peak digital amplifier. The 32-bit floating-point DSP processing manages system's crossover and transducers' alignment, programmable system's equalization, input sensitivity reduction, soft limiter and gentle compressor for very high signal inputs, and RMS current monitoring and transducer protection. The specially developed algorithm takes care of the frequency-dependent soft limiter, offering the listener the same system linearity, from very low-level signals to the maximum amplifier output.
The subwoofer housing consists of rigid plywood and side panels made of plastic with integrated handles. The hardware is designed so that the angle can be adjusted prior to use, on the ground, and slip automatically into the correct position when pulling up the array. The system administrator has to then only fix with a lock pin angle. The RDNet protocol checks all the connected devices and recognizes and adds them as objects on the main window, thanks to the auto-scan function.
The HDL 53-AS tour-grade system comes in a composite wooden-polypropylene enclosure, and is equipped with two aluminum side handles with rubber handgrips and two rear handles for portability. The heavy-duty front grille is powder coated. A special transparent-to-sound foam backing on the inside helps to further protect the transducers from dust.
The low-mid shaping of the line array is an automatic calculation based on the cluster size to obtain the perfect linear frequency response from the whole system. The subwoofer helps engineer to set up subwoofer Cardioids, Arcs, or EndFire configurations in one go. The magnetic structure is powered by a large neodymium magnet that provides a high-flux density in the gap. The hyper-vented aluminum basket and magnetic assembly design provide heat dissipation and lower power compression. The special air-forced ventilations are provided for voice coil, magnet assembly, and basket. The M-roll surround and spider design offer linearity and precise reproduction.
- 3 X 12", 3.0" voice coil neodymium woofers
- Water-resistant fiber doped cone
- Polycotton M-roll surround
- Hyper-vented neodymium magnetic structure
- Integration of three channels of digital amplification
- Input board with DSP
- DSP handles all the processing within the cabinet
- All the objects can be controlled in groups
- Array objects can be grouped in zones
- Equalizers with PEQ, Shelving (hi-low), Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, Elliptic, and Bessel
- Control to shape the air absorption compensation
- Polyurea paint to create a thick full coating of the cabinet, making it resistant to scratches and bumps
- Water-resistant body cone treatment and polycotton surround ensure