Capture brilliant images of parrot fish, moray eels, and coral reefs with your Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless MFT Digital Camera in Aquatica's AE-M1 Mk II Underwater Housing. It has a depth rating of 295', which is upgradeable upon request to 426'. This version of the housing also includes a pre-installed vacuum check system, which allows you to confirm watertight integrity before the dive. Dual fiber-optic ports enable the attachment of optional external strobes via cables.
The housing provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical controls. It also has an ergonomic design with 2 grips that offer improved handling and attachment points for optional lighting arms. Built for durability, especially resistance to corrosion, the housing is constructed from an anodized, machined aluminum alloy.
The AE-M1 Mk II ships without a required lens port, and accepts various interchangeable ports for different lenses. For complete compatibility details, see the port chart.
- Depth rating: 295', upgradeable to 426'
- Surveyor moisture alarm alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal
- This version of housing includes pre-installed vacuum check system, which allows you to confirm watertight integrity before dive
- Known as Vacuum Circuitry and Alarm Kit, the atmospheric pressure-sensitive system consists of a vacuum valve, an extracting pump, and a moisture alarm/pressure sensor with an on/off switch
- Valve and extracting pump contribute by ensuring that a solid vacuum is created inside the housing
- Built for durability, the housing is constructed from a 6061-T6 aluminum alloy, which has been anodized to resist corrosion and powder-coated to protect against scratches and other damage
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Provides access to virtually all camera functions via mechanical push-buttons, dials, knobs, and levers
- AE-L/AE-L, shutter, and front dial are quickly accessible without removing your right hand from the grip
- Two levers afford easier access to video recording and Fn2 buttons
- At the rear, all menu navigation buttons have been placed closer to the side of the housing than those on previous enclosures, enabling you to reach them more easily
- AF and HDR buttons have been relocated from the top of the housing to the back, in order to facilitate access via your left thumb
- Dual ergonomic grips have been moved slightly farther away from the enclosure to give you a little more room to work when wearing gloves
- Introduced on this housing, self-positioning lever controls are designed to reset themselves back to their default positions when they're no longer in use
- Another feature making its debut on the AE-m1 II is the magnetic locking system, which automatically grabs the camera saddle with powerful Neodymium magnets once it is pushed inside the housing. To remove the saddle, just flip the lock release lever
- Standard, supplied Galileo-type eyepiece is coated and offers a full view of the camera's viewfinder
- Optional coated Aqua View Finder, available in 180° and 45° versions, offers an enlarged, enhanced view with 100% coverage, corner-to-corner sharpness, and internal dioptric adjustment
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts various interchangeable ports, extensions, and accessories for different lenses
- See port chart linked above for complete compatibility details
External Strobe and Light Use
- Dual fiber-optic ports enable attachment of optional external strobes via cables
- Flash trigger powered by two lithium coin cell batteries triggers strobes via LEDs
- Optical plate can be replaced by Nikonos or Ikelite bulkhead sync connector
- Strobes and video lights can be connected to optional support arms, such as Aquatica's Technical Lighting Control arms, which can be conveniently mounted on the housing's grip handles
- Two accessory ports enable the connection of optional accessories, such as video monitors or remote controls
- Eight 1/4"-20 threaded holes, including one on the top, three on the bottom, and four on the grips, allow for the mounting of lighting arms, brackets, tripods, and other accessories