Designed and built for fast-glassing on the go in most weather conditions, the Steiner Optics 8x30 Military/Marine Binoculars combine multiple technologies and features to ensure clear and crisp views without weighing you down. They owe their performance to a traditional Porro prism light path and fully multi-coated optics which work together to present you with a rich depth of view that is defined by bright and clear high-contrast views and accurate color rendition. To keep the optical components aligned, Steiner employs their floating prism system which uses a flexible silicone mount which absorbs shocks and impacts without damage to the optical system alignment — ensuring crisp and sharp images for the life of the binoculars.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow the binoculars to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. These details begin with their proprietary Sports-Auto Focus System, which allows you to focus each eyepiece, just one time, and eliminates the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far the subject is — even if it is moving. The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material that is wrapped in an oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. The optical tubes feature raised ridges to improve grip security, while the interior of the tubes is O-ring sealed to be waterproof against rain, snow, or spraying water.
The Steiner Military/Marine binoculars have been engineered to provide outstanding performance in challenging light and environmental conditions, while allowing you move freely and quickly through thick woods and brush, or busy city streets and avenues.
- 8x magnification enables observations of subjects without sacrificing exit pupil diameter
- Moderate 30mm objective lenses draw in more light than compact models without the bulk or weight of larger objectives
- Traditional Porro prism optical path affords a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms
- Fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission for bright high-contrast images with accurate color rendition
- Floating prism mounting system helps to absorb impacts to avoid damage and maintain optical path alignment
- 362-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Sports-Auto Focus System
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 15mm eye relief makes long-duration observation sessions more comfortable with reduced eye strain
- 3.75mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and become dilated in low-light conditions
Sports Auto-Focus System:
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 22 yards (20m) to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis remains a comfortable temperature regardless of air temperature, and resists expansion/contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optics to move out of alignment over time
- O-ring sealed to be waterproof for use in light rain or snow
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Weight: 17 ounces