Designed and built for outstanding performance in low-light conditions when many animals are most active, the Steiner Optics 7x50 Military/Marine Binoculars combine multiple technologies and features to ensure clear and crisp views from first light through to twilight.
Their performance starts with the combination of high magnification and over-sized objectives. At 50mm the objectives draw in the copious amounts of light required for seeing in low light, while the moderate 7x power produces an ultra-wide exit pupil that ensures the light leaving the eyepieces will completely cover the user's pupils when they are fully dilated in low light. An innovative floating prism mounting system helps to absorb impacts to avoid damage and maintain optical path alignment. All of these features, when coupled with the traditional Porro prism light path, present the user with an immersive observational experienced defined by bright and clear high-contrast views and accurate color rendition.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow the binoculars to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. These details begin with Steiner's Sport Focusing System which allows the user to focus each eyepiece, just one time, and eliminates the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far the subject is — even if they are moving. The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material that is wrapped in an oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. The optical tubes feature raised ridges to improve grip security, while the interior of the tubes is O-ring sealed to be waterproof against rain, snow, or spraying water.
From dawn to dusk to piercing thickly wooded stands, the Steiner Military/Marine binoculars have been engineered to provide outstanding performance in challenging light and environmental conditions.
- Moderate 7x magnification brings subjects in close without narrowing the field of view
- Large 50mm objective lenses boost low-light performance
- Traditional Porro prism optical path affords a more rich depth of field versus similar roof prisms
- Fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission for bright high-contrast images with accurate color rendition
- Floating prism mounting system helps to absorb impacts to avoid damage and maintain optical path alignment
- 387-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Sports-Auto Focusing System
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Generous 16mm eye relief makes long-duration observation sessions comfortable with reduced eye strain
- Ultra-wide 7.1mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils when they open and become fully dilated in low light to keep views bright and clear
Sports Auto-Focusing System:
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 22 yards (20m) to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis remains a comfortable temperature regardless of air temperature, and resists expansion/contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optics to move out of alignment over time
- O-ring sealed to be waterproof for use in light rain or snow
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Weight: 36 ounces