The P16 TAC Tactical LED Flashlight from Nitecore is a powerful and compact light that is built with military, law-enforcement, and hunting uses in mind. It offers four brightness levels and strobe, SOS, and location beacon settings, and is designed to prevent its battery from shaking or displacement due to repeated recoil when used with a firearm.
The light source for the torch is a white Cree XM-L2 (U3) LED with outputs from 1 to 1000 lumens. Press the 2-stage push-button tailcap switch for momentary activation, press and click for constant-on. The output intensity, strobe, location beacon, and SOS signals are controlled using an intelligent selector switch on the body. The switch remembers the last output intensity used and automatically goes to that output the next time it is turned on.
Built for every-day use, the light features an aluminum housing with a Type III hard-anodized black finish that resists scratching and corrosion. It is o-ring sealed to be IPX8 rated and submersible to 6.6', and impact resistant to 5 feet. Its crenellated stainless steel bezel is designed to be used for self-defense, or as a window-breaker. A textured diamond pattern is machined into the handle to provide a sure grip, and there is a removable tactical ring that fits on the handle for use with a "cigar-style" two-handed pistol grip. Heat-dissipating fins on the head help keep the light from over-heating. The light can run on 1 x 18,650 or 2 x CR123 li-ion rechargeable, or 2 x CR123 disposable batteries. There is reverse-polarity protection that prevents damage to the light's circuitry if the batteries are put in incorrectly.
- 1-, 60-, 240-, 1000-lumen output settings
- Disorientating strobe, SOS & location beacon modes
- Cree XM-L2 (U3) LED
- Runtimes: 1 hour (2x CR123 batteries, high setting) to 600 hours (18,650 battery, ultra-low setting)
- Dual push-button on tailcap, setting selector on side
- Momentary and constant-on tailcap switching
- Intelligent output selector switch remembers last output used
- Quick access to strobe modes
- Aluminum alloy housing
- Type III hard anodized finish
- IPX8-rated, submersible to 6.6'
- Corrosion and scratch resistant
- Anti-reflective coated and tempered lens
- Textured diamond grip for sure handling
- Crenellated stainless steel bezel can be used for self-defense or as a window-breaker
- Titanium-plated stainless steel clip
- Removable tactical ring for "cigar-style" tactical grip
- Can run on 1 x 18,650 or 2 x CR123 li-ion rechargeable, or 2 x CR123 disposable batteries
- Reverse-polarity protection