The Tokina 25mm T1.5 Cinema Vista Prime Lens with a Canon EF mount and with focus scales marked in feet, provides an image circle that more than covers full-frame sensors, and is designed to provide sharp images even when recording images at 8K resolution. This 25mm focal length lens shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Tokina Cinema Vista prime lenses. This makes on-set lens changes a fast and efficient operation. It features a maximum T stop of 1.5, useful when shooting in low light situations, or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth of field look.
The 9-bladed iris provides round, out of focus highlights for a natural looking bokeh. The Cinema Vista Prime lenses are designed to minimize focus breathing, and feature geared, manual focus and iris rings. Markings on both sides of the lens barrel make it readable from either side of the camera.
- The 25mm T1.5 Canon EF mount prime lens focuses images on a sensor with full 8K-resolution and features a 46.7mm image circle, which easily covers standard-sized full-frame sensors.
- The use of a 9-blade iris produces a smooth, round appearance to out of focus specular highlights. The iris also produces a pleasing bokeh, referring to natural looking out of focus areas of the image. The iris is manual, and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- The lens has markings on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind, or from either side of the camera.
- The lens shares the same front lens diameters and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient.
- Designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots, where focus breathing is more noticeable.
- The lens features threading on the front of the lens to accommodate 112mm screw on filters. This feature allows the camera operator to add filters over the lens without taking up a filter stage in a matte box.