The Heritage Audio RAM System 500 is a 2-slot, 500 Series module that serves as a mastering-grade monitoring station for home, project, or mobile studios. You can choose between three audio input sources: two balanced stereo inputs and a Bluetooth input for integrating mobile devices in a professional studio environment. There is also one stereo speaker output and an audiophile-grade headphone amplifier with volume control.
Mastering-Grade Audio Quality
- The level control is handled by microprocessor-controlled, gold-plated relays, giving an exceptional resolution of 64 dB of attenuation in 1 dB steps that maintain stereo accuracy.
- Keeping active electronics to a minimum, the attenuator is buffered using state-of-the-art Burr Brown circuitry for negligible coloration and ultralow noise.
- The front stereo inputs are located on the front panel of the unit by means of a pair of balanced, combo XLR-1/4" TRS jacks.
- The back stereo inputs are balanced and accessible on the connectors at the back of the 500 Series chassis.
- The Bluetooth input streams audio from your Bluetooth-equipped device and delivers a fully balanced, +22 dBu stereo output (compatible with AAC, APTX, and SBC files).
Monitoring Output Features
- The RAM System 500 features one pair of balanced outputs accessible on the back of the 500 Series chassis.
Additional Monitoring Features
- Large, comfortable red knob for accurate volume control.
- Mute: Global Mute equivalent to rotary knob being fully counter-clockwise.
- Dim: Attenuates 20 dB from the attenuation marked by either the red knob or the level preset.
- Mono: Outputs a mono signal to the left and right outputs.
Audiophile-Grade Headphone Monitoring
- The RAM System 500 features an audiophile-grade headphone amplifier, accessible on the front panel of the unit.
- High-level, ultrahigh-current amplifier is capable of extremely loud levels with any hi- or lo-Z headphones—without distortion, noise, or coloration of any kind.
- The headphone amplifier follows the selected input signal.