Having updated and redefined their proprietary Tube Logic modeling technology, this Roland Blues Cube Artist is an 85W, 2x12 combo amplifier intended for use with electric guitars. It aims to instill the familiar tone and feel of traditional tube amps, but without the weight or maintenance involved. Featuring two channels and two 12" speakers, this amplifier is suitable for clubs and other smaller venues. Its extra five watts, compared to its 1x12 sibling, should provide you with enough headroom to cut through the mix when necessary.
The top panel displays the amp's control section, on which you'll find parameters for both clean and crunch channels, as well as reverb, tremolo, master volume, presence, and equalization knobs. Next to the master rotary is the power control knob, which allows you to reduce the output of the amp without changing the timbre, effectively giving you full amp tone at lower levels. Thus, whether playing clean or decisively dirty, you do not have to compromise on tonal versatility simply because your neighbors might complain about the noise.
The combo amp offers a poplar cabinet and open-backed design revealing the two custom-tuned 12" Blues Cube speakers housed within. In addition to a direct line output, other modern flourishes include a stereo headphone output, connection jacks for an integrated effects loop, and a USB recording output for direct-to-DAW situations.
Boost and Tone
Variable Power Control
Tube Tone without Hassle
Key Features at a Glance
- 85W guitar amplifier with authentic tube tone and touch response
- Tube Logic design delivers the interactive tonal behaviors of vintage tube amps, including preamp and output tube distortion characteristics, power supply compression, and more
- Independent Clean and Crunch channels, plus Dual Tone mode for blending channels
- Master volume, three-band EQ, and Presence control, as well as Boost and Tone switches on each channel
- 4-way Power Control (0.5 W, 15 W, 45 W, Max) allows for cranked-amp tones at any level
- Onboard reverb and tremolo effects with vintage sound, in addition to an effects loop for external processing
- Classic open-back design with two custom 12” speakers and poplar cabinet
- Efficient, lightweight design provides portability without sacrificing tone
- USB output for direct recording to computers
- Optional GA-FC Foot Controller for Channel Select, Dual Tone, and Tremolo, and EFX Loop