The Rycote Stereo Cyclone Windshield Single Mic 3 for Sanken CUW-180 is a complete windshield and shockmount system that combines industry-leading wind and shock isolation with ease of setup and use, for the location sound professional. Each kit is individually hand-built in Stroud, United Kingdom, and designed to perfectly complement a single Sanken CUW-180 stereo microphone. It includes a Cyclone basket, a model-specific shockmount system with proprietary Lyre microphone suspension and Floating Basket Suspension design, a model-specific Connbox, and an XLR holder on 3/8"-16 threaded base.
The Stereo Cyclone Windshield features an open-shell structure, curved contours, and no straight or parallel surfaces. It delivers a clean frequency response with reduced room-tone effects that characterize conventional tubular designs. Covered with 3D-Tex material and featuring an aerodynamically efficient, asymmetric shape, the basket provides wind-noise reduction comparable to the combined, modular-style, windshield-and-fur cover performance.
The windshield uses the Lyre microphone suspension technology to reduce the bulk of shock and handling noise in combination with the Floating Basket Suspension technology. Together, they prevent natural resonances and vibrations from bypassing the main suspension and radiating from the structure of the basket itself.
The Connbox is redesigned for the Sanken CUW-180, with every wire and connector precisely measured to offer maximum performance. To capture the best possible audio at any moment and in any environment, the Z-Locking system allows you to quickly remove or attach the basket with one hand. Reassembly is automatic, and components magnetically snap into perfect alignment.
- Cyclone windshield sections
- Model-specific shockmount system with proprietary Lyre microphone suspension and Floating Basket Suspension design
- Model-specific Connbox
- XLR holder on 3/8"-16 threaded base
- Professional Stereo Cyclone windshield kit specifically designed for the single Sanken CUW-180 stereo microphone
- Windshield combines increased acoustic transparency with effective protection against wind noise
- Proprietary Floating Basket Suspension with Lyre technology for reduction of windshield basket handling noise
- Lightweight, durable construction, designed with materials to withstand extreme field conditions
- 3D-Tex material delivers massive wind noise reduction without needing additional fur covering
- Low-maintenance design
- Individually hand-built by highly skilled Rycote technicians—takes many hours to complete
- All components designed, manufactured, and assembled in Stroud, United Kingdom
- Open-shell structure, curved contours, and no straight or parallel surfaces provide a clean frequency response and reduced room-tone effects that characterize conventional tubular designs
- Aerodynamic, asymmetric basket design and acoustically transparent 3D-Tex material provide enormous benefits in terms of surface turbulence and acoustic impedance
- Unique design shifts the overall bulk to the basket front
- Aerodynamically efficient asymmetric basket covered with 3D-Tex material provides wind-noise reduction comparable to the combined modular-style windshield-and-fur cover performance
- Optional Windjammer (available separately) allows previously impossible recordings in extreme weather conditions
- Stereo Cyclone takes the Lyre principle and incorporates it into the portions of the suspension that connect directly to the basket
- Entire structure floats, isolating unwanted internal vibrations originating from boompoles and other sources
- Floating Basket Suspension design prevents natural resonances and vibrations from bypassing the main suspension and radiating from the structure of the basket itself
Basket Z-Locking System
- Magnetic Z-Locking system with magnetic locking quickly opens and closes to remove or attach the basket, using just one hand
- Automatic, self-aligning basket reassembly
- Specific to the stereo Sanken CUW-180 microphone
- Designed for internal cable routing, isolation, and vibration reduction
- Every wire and connector is precisely measured to offer maximum performance