- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations.
- A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Of the three aspherical elements incorporated in the lens design, one is an XA element with superior surface precision to effectively reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations from imagery.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements and two Super ED elements are featured in the lens design, too, and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- Advanced double-linear and ring Super Sonic wave Motor system ensure fast, precise and accurate autofocus in both stills and video.
- Floating elements system benefits image quality when working at the 3.15' minimum focusing distance with 0.25x magnification.
- The lens barrel is equipped with three focus hold buttons and a focus range limiter switch to permit fast, intuitive operation of the lens while shooting.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- An OSS Mode switch lets you choose Mode 1 for general image stabilization that is suited to most types of shooting as well as a Mode 2 setting that is specifically intended to be used with panning movements.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions.
- The front lens element features a fluorine coating to protect against smudges and dust from adhering to the glass surface.
- A removable, rotating tripod mount permits quick switching from horizontal to vertical shooting orientations.
- Included petal-shaped lens hood helps prevent flaring and has a filter access window for making adjustments to rotating filters such as polarizers and variable NDs.
- Compatible with optional 1.4x and 2x teleconverters to further extend the effective focal length.
The 77mm 95-UVAT UV Filter is one of Chiaro’s highly-rated protective UV filters with 95% light transmission. It’s useful for photographers of all levels who demand high-quality glass and other essential features for great image fidelity and construction.
To achieve 95% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished optical glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. A hard-anodized aluminum filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it’s thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.