Building upon the success of the Mother 32 semi-modular synthesizer, the Moog Drummer from Another Mother (DFAM) is a Eurorack-compatible, semi-modular analog percussion synthesizer with a highly interactive interface, designed to effortlessly create a wide range of sounds and rhythms from gently evolving undulations and cyclical breathing patterns to hammering basses and clangorous cacophony.
The 100% analog instrument features two voltage-controlled oscillators, a white noise generator / external audio input, and a classic Moog ladder filter with selectable low-pass or high-pass options, which allow you to dynamically sculpt your sound. What's more, there are three envelope generators dedicated to the VCO, VCF, and VCA. The VCO and VCF EG feature voltage-controlled decay and a bipolar amount knobs for creating rising and falling pitch and filter effects, while the VCA EG offers a voltage-controlled decay and a selectable fast/slow attack time.
The on-board, 8-step analog sequencer offers velocity and pitch controls for each step, and the sequencer's clock can run at audio rates, creating a complex oscillator with tons of character. The semi-modular design requires no patching to generate sound; however, the unit is equipped with a 24-point patchbay, which lends itself to tactile exploration and experimentation. The DFAM is fully compatible with Eurorack systems and ships with a set of five patch cables and a power supply.
- Semi-Modular: No patching required. Anyone can create unique and impactful analog rhythms
- 100% Analog: Unbridled sonic flexibility for a lifetime of percussive inspiration
- Two Oscillators: Ultra-wide range sound generation; craft everything from subtly pulsing cadences to clangorous cacophony and floor-splitting bass
- Selectable Analog Filters: Dynamically sculpt your sound with a low-pass or high-pass ladder filter
- Three Envelopes: Interact dynamically with velocity to impart “human” variation to your sound
- VCO EG: Voltage-controlled decay and bipolar amount control
- VCF EG: Voltage-controlled decay and bipolar amount control
- VCA EG: Voltage-controlled decay and selective fast/slow attack times
- Eight-Step Analog Sequencer with Velocity: Vibrantly continuous control over each note
- 24 Patch Points: Explore modular patching or connect to a Mother-32 to create a 3-oscillator leviathan
- Patchbay Inputs: Trigger, VCA CV, Velocity, VCA Decay, External Audio, VCF Decay, Noise Level, VCO Decay, VCF Mod, VCO 1 CV, 1→2 FM Amount, VCO 2 CV, Tempo, Run/Stop, Advance/Clock
- Patchbay Outputs: VCA, VCA EG, VCF EG, VCO EG, VCO 1, VCO 2, Trigger, Velocity, Pitch
- Link Multiple Units: Rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units for evocative analog compositions
- External Audio Input: Process other sounds through DFAM’s analog circuitry
- Eurorack Compatible: Easily remove DFAM from its case and mount it into a Eurorack system (requires an optional 10- to 16-pin Eurorack cable)