The white Tannoy VLS 15 is a passive column array loudspeaker designed for background/foreground music and speech reproduction in both indoor and outdoor settings. The speaker offers an EN 54-24 rating, making it compatible with European fire detection and alarm systems. In addition, its IP65 rating for dust and water resistance makes it well suited for use in challenging architectural spaces such as indoor pools and saunas as well as other work areas with high moisture and dust levels including transportation centers, theme parks, and hotels.
The VLS 15 offers 800W peak and 400W RMS power handling. The enclosure houses a total of 15 drivers: eight 1" high-frequency drivers and seven 3.5" low-frequency drivers—serving up a peak SPL of 120 dB. The loudspeaker's FAST (Focused Asymmetrical Shaping Technology) is designed to deliver even and precise coverage, gently oriented toward downward so the speaker requires less tilting for optimal mounting, even enabling flush mounting for a sleek, refined appearance.
Features at a Glance
- Passive column array loudspeaker for indoor and outdoor installation applications
- 200W continuous, 800W peak power
- 7 vertically arrayed 3.5" low-frequency drivers provide high-intelligibility speech reproduction
- 8 vertically arrayed 1" high-frequency metal dome tweeters for full-range sound up to 35 kHz
- FAST (Focused Asymmetrical Shaping Technology) delivers asymmetric vertical dispersion towards the typical listening plane
- EN 54-24 certified for fire detection and fire alarm systems
- Multiple transformer taps for 70 and 100V line systems or 12-ohm direct input
- Low insertion loss 150W line transformer with easily accessible tapping switch
- All components weather resistant to IP65 for outdoor use
- Architecturally styled aluminum enclosure with a semi-matte white painted finish
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel perforated grille
- Included custom brackets allow for quick and accurate installation
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.