The Klover MiK 16 Sound Shield is a 16" parabolic collector dish used to build a parabolic microphone with the addition of a lavalier or a small-diaphragm microphone (available separately). It comes with a MiK 16 collector dish without handle and a MiK 16 Sound Shield Bracket designed for applications when the parabolic mic is used in a stationery setup instead of being held by an operator. The shield bracket provides an extra layer of isolation from sounds that may come from behind the parabolic.
The Klover MiK 16 collector dish turns your omnidirectional or cardioid mic into a long-range parabolic microphone capable of capturing conversations at distances ranging from 250 to 300'. It is ideal for permanent installs in sports and educational facilities, houses of worship, and open conferences/meetings.
- The "true" parabolic shape of the collector dish focuses all the sound energy to a single point for clear and crisp audio capture up to 300' away.
- The included microphone yoke with lavaliere mic adapter allows you to mount small-diaphragm microphones (up to 0.87" / 22.1mm in diameter) or your lavalier of choice.
- You can use microphones that have either an omnidirectional or a cardioid pickup pattern.
- The sound-shield bracket replaces the standard handle with a clear acrylic plate that allows easy, nearly invisible mounting of the MiK 16 collecting dish to a Magic Arm or any 1/4"-20 stud/bolt.
- The bracket also helps deliver a cleaner sound by adding an extra layer of isolation against unwanted sounds that originate from behind the microphone.