- Based on the ZEISS Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with seven elements in five groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Three aspherical elements, including two double-sided, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
The Pro 49mm 99-UVBTS Brass UV Filter is Chiaro’s top-performing protective UV filter offering 99% light transmission. It’s ideal for photographers who demand the highest-quality glass and other essential features for uncompromised image fidelity and premium construction.
To achieve superior 99% light transmission, Chiaro uses highly-polished Schott glass, multi-coating, and additional advanced elements that improve the filter’s light transmission. A scratch-resistant coating minimizes scratching of the glass and helps assure that water, oil, dust, and fingerprints are removed with a gentle wipe. The durable brass filter ring is designed to screw on and off effortlessly, and it’s thin to prevent vignetting when used with wide-angle lenses. Side knurling is crafted to help ensure that you’ll have a firm grip when attaching or removing your filter.
Image quality is what matters most at Chiaro. The company has tested and combined many features and essentials to achieve superior image quality and the highest light transmission. To help take the confusion out of selecting a filter, Chiaro prominently displays the light transmission levels so that you can choose the perfect filter for your lens and photo session.
Keep your optical surfaces clean with the Sensei OC-CK Optics Care and Cleaning Kit. This kit contains a pack of lens tissues, a lens cleaning pen, bulb air blower, paint brush, lipstick brush, lens cleaning fluid, microfiber cleaning cloth, and see-through mesh travel case to put everything in. This kit can be used to clean a variety of different optics and glass. You can use the air bulb blower and any of the three supplied brushes to initially remove dust from the surface. Sensei recommends applying a small amount of the alcohol- and ammonia-free cleaning fluid directly to the lens tissue. Then, gently rub in small circular motions to remove stubborn smudges or fingerprints from the glass. For those more stubborn blemishes or smudges, the lens pen is very effective.