The Waldorf STVC String Synthesizer and Vocoder combines the sound engine of the Streichfett string synthesizer with a power vocoder to provide the highly coveted sounds of the '70s and '80s. Several enhancements have been added including an increase polyphony of 16 voices, an XLR microphone input, and a rugged Blofeld-style enclosure with the same 49-note, professional-quality, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch.
The sound engine features a fully polyphonic string section capable of continuous morphing of the string registration and includes several effects such as an animate effect for modulation, as well as an ensemble/chorus, phaser, reverb, and tremolo. The vocoder offers high-quality speech intelligibility with gender modification, a fully polyphonic carrier with jitter and noise injection, a freeze mode, and a continuous morphing of preset registrations.
The instrument features two 1/4" outputs, an 1/8" headphone output, pedal inputs for expression and sustain, and MIDI input/output via two standard 5-pin DIN connectors. The 1/4" expression pedal jack also doubles as a line input. The Waldorf STVC is powered via USB and ships with an external USB power supply and a gooseneck microphone.
- Fully polyphonic string section
- Continuous morphing of string registration
- Animate effect for modulation of registration
- Ensemble/Chorus effect for strings
- Phaser effect
- Reverb effect
- 16-voice polyphonic solo section
- Continuous morphing of solo sounds
- Tremolo for solo
- 126 programmable patches in three banks
- Tweak for modulation and specific adjustments
- Powerful speech intelligibility
- Gender modification
- Freeze mode
- Fully polyphonic carrier
- Optional jitter and noise injection for carrier
- Continuous morphing of preset registrations
- All animate, phaser, and reverb effects available