The Ibanez SR Series Workshop SRSC806 Bass is a six-string electric bass guitar featuring a SRSC6 5-piece maple/purpleheart neck, a poplar burl top / mahogany wing body, and a deep twilight flat finish. The deep cutaway body allows for unencumbered access to the upper regions of the fingerboard. The SRSC6 neck-through design offers an extended upper horn that connects with the neck between the 24th and 13th frets, bolstering stability and providing a noticeably more resonant sustain. The back of the neck is sculpted for comfort and offers a smooth, graceful contour allowing the palm to travel quickly and easily up the neck to the underside of the instrument's body.
The Bartolini BH-2 pickups provide a tight bottom end, heaps of midrange punch, and a smooth attack on the high end. A custom active 3-band EQ gives you tonal controls, including treble, switchable midrange, and bass boost/cut. The midrange can be set to three different frequencies (250, 450, and 700 Hz) and if you want, you can bypass the active EQ circuit altogether through the bypass switch, which allows the treble knob to function as a passive tone control. The SRSC806 also features a Mono-Rail V bridge to bolster sustain, and handsome matte black hardware.
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-Band EQ
- The custom 3-band EQ with an EQ bypass switch and mid-frequency switch provides precision tonal control, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
Mono-Rail V Bridge
- The Mono-rail V is the ultimate bridge for bass string isolation. Each bridge is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
Bartolini BH2 Pickups
- The Bartolini BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy midrange, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
- Neck type: SRSC6 5-piece maple/purpleheart, neck-thru construction
- Body: poplar burl top/mahogany wing body
- Fingerboard: purpleheart fretboard with abalone oval inlay
- Frets: 24, medium
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge (18mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Bartolini BH2 (passive)
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini BH2 (passive)
- Equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ with EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) and mid-frequency switch
- Hardware color: matte black
- Scale: 34.0" / 864.0mm
- Width at nut: 2.1" / 54.0mm
- Width at last fret: 3.5" / 89.0mm
- Thickness at 1st: 0.8" / 20.5mm
- Thickness at 12th: 0.9" / 22.5mm
- Radius: 15.75" / 400.0mm