Styled in a natural high-gloss finish, the Ibanez Artwood Series AVD9CE is a full-sized acoustic/electric guitar made from Sitka spruce and mahogany. The single-cutaway dreadnought body delivers a powerful and balanced acoustic sound. Unplugged or amplified, the instrument is well suited for solo performance or playing with a full band.
The AVD9CE features a Thermo Aged Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, and a 25.6" scale mahogany neck. The fingerboard and bridge are both made of ovangkol. Other features include chrome open-geared tuners with butterbean knobs and a gear ratio of 18:1.
For electronics, the guitar is equipped with a Fishman Sonicore pickup and an Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp, which has a 2-band EQ and an onboard tuner. A 1/4" output is on hand, as is a balanced XLR jack that obviates the need for a DI box when sending signal from the guitar to a PA system or mixer.
- Body Shape: Cutaway dreadnought
- Bracing: Spruce X bracing
- Top: Thermo Aged solid Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany, soft-V shape
- Fingerboard: Ovangkol
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Tuning Machines: Chrome open-gear tuners with butterbean knobs
- Gear Ratio: 18:1
- Number of Frets: 20
- Bridge Pins: Ibanez Advantage bridge pins
- Pickup: Fishman Sonicore pickup
- Preamp: Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp with onboard tuner and 2-band EQ
- Output: Balanced XLR and 1/4"
- Battery: 9V
- Body Binding: Tortoiseshell
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Compensated bone
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Finish: Gloss
- Back-of-Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale: 25.6" / 651.0mm
- Width at Nut: 1.7" / 43.0mm
- Width at 14th Fret: 2.2" / 55.0mm
- Thickness at 1st: 0.8" / 21.5mm
- Thickness at 7th: 0.9" / 22.5mm
- Radius: 15.7" / 400.0mm
- Length: 20.0" / 508.0mm
- Width: 15.8" / 400.1mm
- Max Depth: 3.0" / 76.2mm