Styled in a black low gloss finish, The Ibanez JSM20 is a hollow-body electric designed for and endorsed by jazz guitar icon John Scofield, a player renowned for his expressive, bluesy playing and warm, yet sharp tone. The instrument itself is constructed out of linden in the top, back, and sides. With this guitar, you can elicit a warm, resonant sound that is well suited for playing jazz, blues, country, and rock.
The JSM maple/nyatoh neck is fitted with a 22-fret bound ebony fingerboard that boasts abalone and aged acrylic block inlays. The guitar's sustain is enhanced by the ART-1 bridge and Quik Change III tailpiece; the latter helping to improve your string-changing experience by cutting down on time.
For electronics, the JSM20 provides Super 58 humbucking pickups that offer a warm, bluesy sound with a bit of growl. These pickups are selectable via a 3-way toggle switch, and can be adjusted using the dedicated volume and tone controls for each pickup. Also on hand is a Tri-Sound switch, which runs the neck pickup in parallel, and also taps it, so you can elicit sounds more congruent with a single-coil instrument. A hardshell case is included.
Super 58 Humbucking Pickups
- Neck Type: JSM 3-piece nyatoh/maple set-in neck
- Nut: Bone
- Body: Linden top/back/sides
- Fingerboard: Bound ebony fingerboard with aged acrylic and abalone block inlay
- Frets: 22 medium frets
- Bridge: ART-1 bridge
- Tailpiece: Quik Change III tailpiece
- Neck Pickup: Super 58 (humbucker, passive/alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: Super 58 (humbucker, passive/alnico)
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Scale: 24.7" / 628.0mm
- Width at Nut: 1.7" / 43.0mm
- Width at Last Fret: 2.2" / 57.0mm
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.8" / 21.0mm
- Thickness at 9th Fret: 0.9" / 23.0mm
- Radius: 12.0" / 305mm
- Length: 19.25" / 463.6mm
- Width: 15.75" / 400.0mm
- Max Depth: 2.6" / 66.7mm