Designed as open standard, camera-independent lenses, the versatile LPL-mount ARRI Signature Primes offer easily customizable looks, a wide range of focal lengths, and zoom lenses to match. Like the rest of the series, the 12mm T1.8 ARRI Signature Prime covers all image sensors up to and including full-frame, large-format. This wide-angle lens is one of 16 primes featuring organic images, attractive bokeh, subtle flaring, and a fast maximum aperture for achieving shallow depth of field. This prime lens gently softens the large-format look and produces pleasant, natural skin tones and crisp blacks. Focus falls off smoothly, highlighting your subject against its background frame.
Stockings, nets, and voile can be used to create custom diffusion and other effects when mounted in the Signature Prime's magnetic rear net holder. Eleven iris blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh effects, and a telecentric design minimizes breathing. The integrated LDS-2 lens data system is backwards-compatible with ARRI's LDS-1 and communicates with Cooke's /i Technology.
Constructed with magnesium housings and aluminum gear rings, each Signature Prime is lightweight, water-resistant, and features focus marks in feet. Anti-reflective coatings, light baffles, and light traps help to minimize any internal barrel flare. Should a stunt go awry, or your camera rig be otherwise damaged, the lens mechanics are designed for easier access at an ARRI service center.
- Create customized looks across the range of Signature Primes and Zooms using the magnetic rear filter holder
- Quickly add nets, voile, and other materials for select scenes or for your entire shoot
- Each lens in the series creates the warm skin tones, crisp blacks, and soft flares of the Signature Prime look
- Minimal chromatic aberration for easier keying in F/X work
- Lightweight, compact form factor with magnesium and aluminum construction
- Designed for easier mechanical service