The BOSS GT-1000 is a multi-effects processor for electric guitarists. The unit employs AIRD processing, which stands for Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics. Operating at 32-bit floating point, and at sample rates of 96 kHz, the GT-1000 uses this AIRD processing to bring you musically responsive and dynamic amplifier emulations, all of which interact with whatever system comes next in your chain, be it an amplifier, a DAW, a house PA, or various combinations thereof.
The GT-1000 also brings 116 BOSS effects to the table—and if you find yourself missing any BOSS sound provided, chances are you can beam it into the GT-1000 via Bluetooth, using the BOSS Tone Studio app on an iOS/Android device. A streamlined, yet powerful control interface is provided by ten backlit footswitches, a variety of knobs, a large LCD display, and an expression pedal built right into the board.
1/4" connections are on hand for your instrument, your main outputs, two effects loops, and more. XLR sub outputs can feed the house PA or your recording interface, while a USB connection can interface directly with your DAW. With MIDI I/O, you can implement the device with a variety of MIDI switches. The unit comes with an AC adapter.
Key Features at a Glance
- 32-bit AD/DA
- 32-bit floating-point processing and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout
- Next-generation BOSS DSP engine, custom-designed for music applications
- AIRD (Augmented Impulse Response Dynamics) technology implements BOSS’s Tube Logic concept in a digital guitar processor, delivering natural feel and optimized integration with all types of external devices
- A selection of expressive, dynamic amplifiers
- A plethora of onboard effects, including BOSS MDP effects and algorithms directly ported from the DD-500, MD-500, and RV-500 pedals
- Amps and effects can be routed in numerous series and parallel combinations
- Fast patch-switching and delay/reverb carryover
- Stompbox feature simplifies using common effects settings in many different patches
- Intuitive operation with large display and six user-assignable switching knobs
- 10 footswitches and integrated expression pedal with user-configurable assignments and LED colors
- High-resolution tuner with two display modes and mono or polyphonic operation
- 1/4” main outputs and XLR sub outputs, independent AIRD Output Select settings, and loop for external stereo or mono effects
- Support for external control via footswitches, expression pedals, MIDI, and USB
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless editing from iOS and Android mobile devices
- USB audio/MIDI interface for computer-based recording and editing
Highly Musical Guitar Amplifiers
Optimized Output for Most Playing Applications
Onboard BOSS Effects
Amps and effects can be configured with various series and parallel routing options, and signal paths can be divided and mixed at multiple points. Patch switching is accelerated by the GT-1000’s DSP. delay/reverb carryover is also possible. There are two effects loops onboard, allowing you to connect your favorite external effects and preamps.
You can also save any effect as a Stompbox. Parameter adjustments to a Stompbox are reflected in all patches where they are used, mimicking the way you’d implement physical pedals. This is ideal for effects where you use the same settings most of the time, but just need to make small adjustments occasionally. Now, you can make those changes quickly across multiple patches, eliminating the hassle of tweaking and saving each patch separately.
Extensive Performance Control
Using the GT-1000's switching knobs and powerful Assign Matrix, control assignments can be configured quickly and intuitively. It's also possible to assign different colors to the status LEDs above the switches, and easily view the current switch assignments with a Play screen option.
USB Audio/MIDI and Wireless Editing via Bluetooth
The GT-1000 includes a USB audio/MIDI interface as well, with multi-channel audio operation for flexible computer recording and efficient reamping. USB can also be used to edit and organize sounds with the desktop version of the BOSS Tone Studio editor for Mac and Windows.