An ideal companion for long-range shooters and hunters, the straight-through viewing Vortex Optics Viper HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope delivers bright and sharp high-contrast images with true-to-life color and crisp clarity at all magnifications, even in low or challenging light conditions.
Image quality is enhanced through the use of anti-reflection fully multi-coated high-density (HD) extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements in the lens system and highly reflective dielectric and phase-correcting coatings on the porro prism system. These optical features work together to maximize light transmission, increase color fidelity and contrast, and improve clarity and resolution throughout the entire zoom range. The large 85mm objective boosts the spotter's light-gathering capabilities to keep views bright and clear in even the most challenging light conditions and when the zoom is dialed up to the maximum and the subjects are at extreme distances.
The large focus collar is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather, and the the helical focusing system brings subjects into tack-sharp resolution without rotating the lens elements—maintaining precise optical alignment through the entire zoom and focus ranges. To make finding subjects fast and tracking moving targets easy, the eyepiece is set in-line with the scope body and the tripod mount collar allows the body to rotate. Taken together, these two features enable the user to precisely place the eyepiece in a position that requires the least amount of head movement during use..
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that will protect the spotter for years. The chassis is made of a lightweight and durable magnesium alloy that is wrapped in a protective rubber armor. The optical tube is argon filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions. A retractable sunshade prevents lens flare that can spook game and keeps rain and snow off the objective to ensure clear views in less-than-ideal weather. Vortex includes a custom-made stay-on/view-through nylon case that makes setup and breakdown on a tripod fast and easy, while adding another layer of protection and providing the ability to react quickly when opportunities present themselves.
- Powerful 20-60x zoom range is ideal for extreme long-range use and big-game hunting
- Oversized 85mm objective is optimized for low-light conditions and to ensure views remain bright when viewing distant subjects at high magnification
- Traditional Porro prism light path produces clear and bright views without internal light interference
- Dielectric prism coatings boost surface reflectivity to greater than 99% for maximum light transmission through the prism, with minimal loss and diffraction
- High-density (HD) extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Proprietary XR anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics increase light transmission for accurate color fidelity and improved contrast and clarity
- ArmorTek exterior lens coatings resist scratches and abrasions while allowing oil, dirt, and sap to be cleaned off without leaving smudges or residue
- 101-50' field of view at 1000 yd
- Eyepiece set in-line with scope body to make finding subjects fast and tracking moving targets easier
- Helical focusing mechanism focuses smoothly and quickly without rotating lens elements to maintain optical alignment for tack-sharp views
- Large slip-resistant focusing collar is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Twist-up rubber eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Standard 1/4"-20 mount is compatible with a wide variety of quick release (QR) plates, heads, and photo/video/field tripods; mounting shoe is compatible with select QR plates for faster mounting and removal
- Rotating tripod collar allows user to precisely adjust the eyepiece position relative to tripod head
- Long 19.6-17.8 eye relief allows for more comfortable viewing with reduced eyestrain at all magnifications, especially during long-duration glassing sessions
- Wide 4.25mm exit pupil at 20x will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the whole scene in view without vignetting
- Lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy chassis reduces overall weight without sacrificing strength
- Protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip for more secure handling during setup and breakdown
- Argon filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Retractable sunshade prevents lens flare that can spook game, reduces glare to maintain contrast and clarity in the view, and keeps rain or snow off of the lens for clearer views in inclement weather
- Nylon stay-on/view-through carrying case protects the spotting scope during transport and storage and allows for faster and safer setup and breakdown