An ideal companion for mid- to long-range shooters and hunters, the 45° angled viewing Vortex Optics Viper HD 15-45x65 Spotting Scope delivers bright and sharp high-contrast images with true-to-life color and crisp clarity at all magnifications, even in low or challenging light conditions.
Image quality is enhanced through the use of anti-reflection fully multi-coated high-density (HD) extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements in the lens system, and highly reflective dielectric and phase-correcting coatings on the Porro prism system. These optical features work together to maximize light transmission, increase color fidelity and contrast, and improve clarity and resolution throughout the entire zoom range. The large 65mm objective boosts the spotter's light-gathering capabilities to keep views bright and clear in even the most challenging light conditions and when observing subjects at extreme distances at the maximum magnification.
The large focus collar is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather, and the the helical focusing system brings subjects into tack-sharp resolution without rotating the lens elements–maintaining precise optical alignment through the entire zoom and focus ranges. This version of the Viper HD is configured with the eyepiece set at a 45° angle relative to the optical tube to place your head in a comfortable viewing postion whether you're standing, sitting, or lying prone..
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that will protect the spotter for years. The chassis is made of a lightweight and corrosion-resistant magnesium alloy that is wrapped in a protective rubber armor. The optical tube is argon filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions. A retractable sunshade prevents lens flare that can spook game and keeps rain and snow off the objective to ensure clear views in less-than-ideal weather. Vortex includes a custom-made stay-on/view-through nylon case that makes setup and breakdown on a tripod fast and easy, while adding another layer of protection and providing the ability to react fast when opportunities present themselves.
- Broad 15-45x fixed zoom eyepiece is ideal for mid- to long-range use
- 65mm objective lens gathers the light required to use in challenging conditions and to ensure bright views when looking at distant subjects at high power
- Traditional Porro prism light path produces clear and bright views without internal light interference
- Dielectric prism coatings boost surface reflectivity to greater than 99% for maximum light transmission through the prism, with minimal loss and diffraction
- High-density (HD), extra-low dispersion (ED) glass lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Proprietary XR anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics increase light transmission for accurate color fidelity and improved contrast and clarity
- ArmorTek exterior lens coatings resist scratches and abrasions while allowing oil, dirt, and sap to be cleaned off without leaving smudges or residue
- 136.5-foot field of view at 1000 yards at 15x; 68-foot field of view at 45x
- 45° angled eyepiece to place the user's head in a comfortable viewing position when sitting, standing, or lying prone
- Helical focusing mechanism focuses smoothly and quickly without rotating lens elements to maintain optical alignment for tack-sharp views
- Large slip-resistant focusing collar is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Twist-up rubber eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Standard 1/4"-20 mount is compatible with a wide variety of quick release (QR) plates, heads, and photo/video/field tripods; mounting shoe is compatible with select QR plates for faster mounting and removal
- Rotating tripod collar allows user to precisely adjust the eyepiece position relative to tripod head
- Long 19.6-17.8mm eye relief improves viewing comfort with reduced eyestrain
- Comfortable 4.3mm exit pupil at 15x will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the whole scene in view without vignetting
- Lightweight and durable magnesium-alloy chassis reduces overall weight without sacrificing strength
- Protective rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip for more secure handling during setup and breakdown
- Argon filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Retractable sunshade prevents lens flare that can spook game, reduces glare to maintain contrast and clarity in the view, and keeps rain or snow off of the lens for clearer views in inclement weather
- Nylon stay-on/view-through carrying case protects the spotting scope during transport and storage and allows for faster and safer setup and breakdown