ISL 2 from NuGen Audio is a real-time true peak limiter designed for use when audio mixing and mastering and provides the necessary final step when preparing audio for broadcast in mono to 7.1 surround formats. Look ahead functionality means the audio is examined before it actually passes through the limiter, helping to ensure that any transient peaks are limited correctly to avoid distortion. The true-peak limit can be set directly to help ensure compliance with broadcast standards across a variety of mediums.
Special meters are provided for steering and ducking in addition to input and output. ISL 2 automatically adjusts to maintain transparency when low-frequency content is pushing it. A selectable power-compensated dither algorithm allows the use of dither without compromising the true-peak level.
ISL 2 is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows systems and supports AAX, AudioSuite, Audio Units, RTAS, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats.
- Adjustable look ahead
- Two-stage, non-linear, adaptive algorithm
- Adjustable channel linking
- Includes iTunes True Peak option
- Compatible with ITU-R BS. 1770
- True brickwall limited output
- Mono through 7.1 surround compatible
- Intelligent adaptive algorithm
- Clear metering
- Multiple diagnostic listen modes
- afclip intersample clip monitoring
- Accurate, standard compliant I/O metering
- Precise direct numeric maxima
- Adjustable ballistics and color splits
- ATSC A/85 (Calm Act)
- EBU R128
- EBU R128 S1
- ARIB TR-B32
- AGCOM 219/9/CSP
- Portaria 354