The Marshall Amplification MG15G is a four-channel, solid-state combo amplifier for electric guitar. Part of the gold series, the amp features offers a single 8" speaker and four channels; Clean, Crunch, Overdrive 1, and Overdrive 2. The Clean channel offers a harmonic-enhanced clean tone, while the Crunch channel adds a bit of distortion. Each of the Overdrive settings offers modern, high-gain tone, with OD-2 providing the highest output.
The amp can be operated in either a Manual or Preset mode. In Manual mode, the amp's settings always match the physical positions of the knobs, while in Preset mode, the position of all controls except the Master Volume is stored within each channel, and the physical position of the knobs will not match the settings of the amplifier. This means you can set up four distinct amp characters ahead of time and switch among them during the gig with an optional footswitch. The tone of all four channels can be adjusted with the three-knob EQ section and stored within the channel's memory for instant recall at a later time.
Additional features include a master volume control, a headphone output for silent practicing, an MP3 / line in to jam along with your favorite tunes, and a Store button to easily save presets. The MG15GFX is compatible with the optional PEDL-90008 footswitch and ships with a standard IEC power cord. The optional PEDL-90008 has an onboard tuner and each footswitch can be assigned to a different stored function. On a purely cosmetic level, the gold plating on the control panel and gold trimming lining the speaker lends the amplifier a distinctive look.
Key Features at a Glance
- 15W output
- Single 8" speaker
- Four Preset Channels
- Delay (with tap-tempo)
- All EQ, effects, and reverb settings are stored within each of the four preset channels
- 3.5mm MP3 / line in for auxiliary sound sources
- 3.5mm headphone output (mutes speaker for silent practice sessions)
- Manual or Preset operation modes
- Store button to easily save presets
- Compatible with optional PEDL-90008 footswitch
- When using the optional footswitch, holding both the Tap switch and the Store switch will activate the tuner